• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors - WTH??

bassean

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
42   0
Reaction score
I purchased a brand new 9mm carbine (sub 2000) at AO last Thursday and took it to the range to shoot with my dad on Friday. I went through the first 10 round magazine without so much as a hiccup. I was using Winchester factory target ammo 115gr. I didn't get the opportunity to shoot the 2nd magazine because the bolt locked up when I released it to load the first round. Scary stuff - gratefully I was able to extract the LIVE round by breaking the barrel. Couldn't get it to work so I bagged it up. So much for quality time with Pops.
I called AO on Saturday to see what could be done and they told me since it was brand new, they could have their gunsmith fix it...WRONG!! When I got there I was told by the manager they would send it back to Keltec and get it fixed under factory warranty - 4-6 weeks. WTF?! I plead my case with the monotone robot manager of the day and he said "sorry, nothing I can do but send it back". I asked for some sort of compensation for inconvenience and he said "sorry, nothing I can do except give you free range time and free gun rental until your gun comes back" I can't shoot MY gun so what's the point unless they rent fully automatic (something to look into). I asked for a used magazine or 2 - again the robot reply "nothing I can do". He said they couldn't get the gunsmith to fix it because they would have to pay for it... BUT if you buy a used gun they will pay for the gunsmith to fix it. What a bunch of BS!! This is the 2nd and LAST firearm I buy from them. I have never been fed as much of a line of "sorry - nothing I can dos" in my life. I was hoping that the stories on ODT were few and far between but I got to witness it first hand.
I'm not saying not to buy from them - I'm saying "let the buyer beware" If you don't have any problems, they're great. If you do have problems... remember they all carry guns and being pi$$ed off does no good (nor does anything else for that matter).
I just wanted to speak my piece and let you folks know they're at it again.
You know, all it would have taken to make me happy and write an AWESOME review of them would have been for them to give me 1 or 2 S&W59 magazines for my inconvenience and time.
Just my 2 cents worth - Man I was looking forward to busting loose with that carbine!! Maybe I can... in 4 to 6 weeks - shoot I can almost have a litter of puppies in that time - LOL
Thanks for letting me speak my mind.

I don't see how they mistreated you. The new gun with a problem is Keltec's fault, not AO's. They're taking on the hassle of shipping it out for you, and offering you free range time and a free rental gun to use? That's more than you have a right to expect.

If I get a new, defective gun, I don't expect the dealer to do anything other than help facilitate service, if I need the help. The manufacturer is on the hook for warranty work, not the dealer.

I don't see how they mistreated you. The new gun with a problem is Keltec's fault, not AO's. They're taking on the hassle of shipping it out for you, and offering you free range time and a free rental gun to use? That's more than you have a right to expect.

If I get a new, defective gun, I don't expect the dealer to do anything other than help facilitate service, if I need the help. The manufacturer is on the hook for warranty work, not the dealer.

^^^THIS! IF you have a Beef, it's with Kel-Tec, NOT AO...Do you often want "Someting for nothing"??? Sheesh!....mikey357

I don't see how they mistreated you. The new gun with a problem is Keltec's fault, not AO's. They're taking on the hassle of shipping it out for you, and six, offering you free range time and a free rental gun to use? That's more than you have a right to expect.

I agree this falls on the shoulders of the manufacturer. Any gun shop would have done the same thing, and most likely without a free rental or range time. KelTec will fix it and you'll get it back. It sux, sure, but it isn't AO's fault Keltec shipped a crappy gun.

Yep, what he said. The reason that they have their gunsmith fix used stuff is because when they sell used, their folks have looked it over and AO is the one supplying the warranty. For new stuff it is the manufacturers responsibility. Plus, they don't know what you did to the gun after it left their possession. I am not saying you did anything, but they can't just take everyone's word for it or they would be fixing every single bubba'd up gun that they have ever sold.

Yep, what he said. The reason that they have their gunsmith fix used stuff is because when they sell used, their folks have looked it over and AO is the one supplying the warranty. For new stuff it is the manufacturers responsibility. Plus, they don't know what you did to the gun after it left their possession. I am not saying you did anything, but they can't just take everyone's word for it or they would be fixing every single bubba'd up gun that they have ever sold.

^^^All that, PLUS the "Gunsmith" @ AO is NOT one of their regular hourly employees, but is an "Independent Contractor"...FWIW....mikey357

i totally agree with rbstern rbstern . you bought a new gun that messed up.
and your mad that they WHAT aren't handing you a new replacement off the shelf?
that their gunsmith couldn't fix it right then & there bc as you said you broke the barrel to get the live round out?
that you expect to be compensated for what?
-----them paying to ship your gun off for you?
-----free magazines for your non working gun? (thats what you should be asking keltec for if anything)
-----a used one to borrow til yours comes in?

THE BEST PART IS YOU EXPECT FREE MAGS for a S&W gun b/c your keltec broke
there is no gun store in the US that would compensate like that

they are giving u free range time.(that is compensation for a problem that wasn't even their fault)

Back
Top Bottom