• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Active shooter Oregon campus....

That's guaranteed. It's always my favorite. Now obligatory pic of 'thousands of rounds of ammo'.

www.slickguns.com_sites_default_files_1a87d2dca97ed9d361a24a03dc3d68f6.jpg

I knew you were a madman!

FOX reporter has already called the 13 weapons an arsenal. Only 6 seconds into the video.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4526812384001/13-guns-recovered-from-scene-shooters-home/?#sp=show-clips

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/10/...bama-stop-politicizing-oregon-campus-shooting

O'Reilly goes on about not politicizing the shooting, which is good, but then ruins his entire argument when he says that "sensible people" agree on gun registration and not being able to own an AK (3:30 in the video).

All I've heard was "an AR style rifle".

I think the Delton reference has the reporters scratching their poor heads...

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/10/...bama-stop-politicizing-oregon-campus-shooting

O'Reilly goes on about not politicizing the shooting, which is good, but then ruins his entire argument when he says that "sensible people" agree on gun registration and not being able to own an AK (3:30 in the video).

O'Reilly has always been anti-gun. Always points out how registration is good and that kind of thing. Not too surprising considering his age. I'm just the exact opposite.

I know we don't tell mentally ill people that they can't vote or that they can't have a right to a fair trial, so why shouldn't they have the right to bear arms? When we start advocating rights restrictions because of personal feelings, well, that's a road I don't like going down. Liberals have somehow convinced Republican politicians to pick up this mental illness talking point as a way to justify increased gun control without upsetting people. That and the whole criminal argument which is mostly thinly veiled racism: you don't want those people owning guns, now do you? And people eat it up. Talk about limited government and then want databases tracking people who are deemed a certain way by a certain group of people because your definition of gun rights is living in a gated community and having the right to take your over/under out on expensive bird hunts.

Jeb doesn't even own a gun. I think the only real firearms collectors still in this race are Rand Paul and Jim Gilmore, and he's on the NRA Board. Rick Perry is said to have a sizable collection but he's dropped out. But there's certainly a disconnect between the Republican political elite and the voting body on this issue. But it's changing, because the old hunters of yesteryear are getting older and there's a new generation of gun owners that have no interest in hunting, but love their tactical rifles. NRA is slowly changing towards this viewpoint and the politicians are having to change too.

Gr
O'Reilly has always been anti-gun. Always points out how registration is good and that kind of thing. Not too surprising considering his age. I'm just the exact opposite.

I know we don't tell mentally ill people that they can't vote or that they can't have a right to a fair trial, so why shouldn't they have the right to bear arms? When we start advocating rights restrictions because of personal feelings, well, that's a road I don't like going down. Liberals have somehow convinced Republican politicians to pick up this mental illness talking point as a way to justify increased gun control without upsetting people. That and the whole criminal argument which is mostly thinly veiled racism: you don't want those people owning guns, now do you? And people eat it up. Talk about limited government and then want databases tracking people who are deemed a certain way by a certain group of people because your definition of gun rights is living in a gated community and having the right to take your over/under out on expensive bird hunts.

Jeb doesn't even own a gun. I think the only real firearms collectors still in this race are Rand Paul and Jim Gilmore, and he's on the NRA Board. Rick Perry is said to have a sizable collection but he's dropped out. But there's certainly a disconnect between the Republican political elite and the voting body on this issue. But it's changing, because the old hunters of yesteryear are getting older and there's a new generation of gun owners that have no interest in hunting, but love their tactical rifles. NRA is slowly changing towards this viewpoint and the politicians are having to change too.
Well worded. Great post!

I just heard O'Reilly tell a Navy Seal that "the big mistake at that community college was, they didn't have any armed guards."
WTH is wrong with him?!? Does he not understand that you can't have armed security everywhere at all times. Even had a guard been on campus or even in the building, there would have, most likely, still been a loss of life.

The smart shepherds learned a long time ago that you can't watch the herd 24/7 by yourself. When will the sheeple wake up to realize the ONLY way to counter these attacks is to let the sheep dogs do their job?

They're too busy being scared to death of the sheepdogs teeth to even see the wolves coming.

Preaching to the choir here, I know.

Back
Top Bottom