• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Active shooter Oregon campus....

OK what are the odds that one of the guys who stopped the train shooting in France a couple weeks ago also attends this same community college? The plot thickens here for me because I have to believe the odds are astronomical.

Nothing to see here, move along.
"These are not the droids you are lookin for."

Fox is reporting that 13 weapons have been confiscated. Six from the shooting scene and another seven from his apartment. So far, they haven't used the "arsenal" word; but it will probably just be a matter of time.

Just watched CNN give an update. The new details (if true) make this about the most messed up event to happen. Shooter was armor and kit-ed up, lines people up, asks religion, gives someone a box to give authorities, same college as the French train hero, made comments about the TV crew shooter becoming famous. They are all trying to one-up each other. There is no stopping these idiots save for a well placed POI at the Point Of Attack.

Oh yeah. There's also the story of the vet who threw himself into the doorway to stop the shooters progress only to be shot 3 times. He told the shooter today was his son's 6th birthday and he shot him 2 more times. Luckily, he is going to survive and is a bona fide hero if I ever heard of one.

:noidea: :tsk:

Just watched CNN give an update. The new details (if true) make this about the most messed up event to happen. Shooter was armor and kit-ed up, lines people up, asks religion, gives someone a box to give authorities, same college as the French train hero, made comments about the TV crew shooter becoming famous. They are all trying to one-up each other. There is no stopping these idiots save for a well placed POI at the Point Of Attack.

Oh yeah. There's also the story of the vet who threw himself into the doorway to stop the shooters progress only to be shot 3 times. He told the shooter today was his son's 6th birthday and he shot him 2 more times. Luckily, he is going to survive and is a bona fide hero if I ever heard of one.

Internet picture showed the loser with a 10/22. What caliber was used to shoot the vet??

Reports yesterday were 30-75 shots fired, but no one knows. All guessing. And then it'll be misinformation. Holmes used a shotgun to cause much of the theater damage but you'll hear about that damn AR-15 all day, even though IIRC it jammed and he ditched it early on.

That veteran did a good thing but he should have been carrying like the other Air Force veteran that was interviewed on Fox last night. Maybe it would have made a difference, maybe not.

They'll start using the arsenal term soon. They'll learn that he had "thousands" of rounds of ammunition, even though I'm sure most of us have that much in our own houses. We'll hear that ole "need" word thrown around and CNN and MSNBC are already parading out the parents of previous victims while just barely disclaiming that those people are associated with Everytown and similar anti organizations. CNN just had someone on earlier and there wasn't a vocal mention about his association with Everytown, just a little line at the bottom of the screen saying he was associated.

They'll learn that he had "thousands" of rounds of ammunition, .
That's guaranteed. It's always my favorite. Now obligatory pic of 'thousands of rounds of ammo'.

www.slickguns.com_sites_default_files_1a87d2dca97ed9d361a24a03dc3d68f6.jpg

Why would you bring 6 different guns? How would you even carry 6 guns?

I don't see it being that hard. Note they haven't specified the types of guns. For all we know the guy had four NAA derringers.

Longarm in hand, longarm on sling on back, pistol in each pocket, two more pistols if you wear cargo pants, can put a small one in your shoe, etc. He had body armor on and (I'm assuming) was wearing a chest rig of some type if he went through the trouble of body armor, so I can see him carrying that many. Or he could have been carrying a bag containing several guns in the event of a prolonged police shootout.

I'm more curious why he brought the six he brought and left the others at the house. If you bring six, you might as well bring all 13 and have a good ole field day out of it.

And, of course, they haven't specified what they found on his body and what they found in his vehicle. Adam Lanza had a Saiga shotgun in his trunk but I don't believe it was ever used.

Back
Top Bottom