• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AAC is sending me something.

Sorry guys. I been working at USPS. I have shipped it. Nick is willing to give me something for my troubles. Yeah he explained that the guy came in personally and dropped off the rifle (they don't allow that but accepted it anyways) and Nick stated that he used my name for the RMA information and he told them to call him when the rifle was done repairing and he'll drive back to pick it up. Nick said instead of calling him and making him drive a long way, they decided to just ship it back. So "thats" how it got sent to me. I guess when he pronounced his name "Karl", it sounded like "Cong". Yes. I get the same thing when I pronounce my name so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't make the mistake. However, I don't buy that sorry. How does someone by the name of "KARL MEYERS" come into in PERSON and use my information? Unless Karl Meyers looked like a asian guy, I don't see how that mistake happened.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's starting to sound like you are looking for a reason to justify keeping it. They sent you a return label. Print it out, stick it on the box and call UPS to come pick it up.

No matter what the cause for confusion on their end, it's not yours. Send it back to them and let them sort it out. Your inconvenience is literally limited to hitting the print button and the cost of packing tape.

Maybe you could keep it according to a legal interpretation. So what? I try to live by that whole "do unto others" silliness that I was taught way back before I learned to read and write. Worked then, still works now.

Honestly, I was curious to what the laws were in this situation. I tried googling but couldn't find it. Thats when I called Doug King and he advised me that it was legal IF AAC hadn't request the return or if they didn't reply to the certified/email letters. I could legally keep it but I don't think I would have been legal. I don't think it would have been legal for long anyways. Karl would have contacted AAC for his rifle and he would have reported it stolen or lost to ATF. Putting me in possession of stolen or lost firearm.

I was serious about not remembering if I sent them something. I've never had anything like this happen so I really thought I sent something to them for repairs but when I got the rifle, I knew it wasn't mine. So it was fun while I had it.

Sorry guys. I been working at USPS. I have shipped it. Nick is willing to give me something for my troubles. Yeah he explained that the guy came in personally and dropped off the rifle (they don't allow that but accepted it anyways) and Nick stated that he used my name for the RMA information and he told them to call him when the rifle was done repairing and he'll drive back to pick it up. Nick said instead of calling him and making him drive a long way, they decided to just ship it back. So "thats" how it got sent to me. I guess when he pronounced his name "Karl", it sounded like "Cong". Yes. I get the same thing when I pronounce my name so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't make the mistake. However, I don't buy that sorry. How does someone by the name of "KARL MEYERS" come into in PERSON and use my information? Unless Karl Meyers looked like a asian guy, I don't see how that mistake happened.
So next question is what are they giving Ya for your troubles??

Haha. Yeah. excrement at AAC. Some one screwed up royaly and
Honestly, I was curious to what the laws were in this situation. I tried googling but couldn't find it. Thats when I called Doug King and he advised me that it was legal IF AAC hadn't request the return or if they didn't reply to the certified/email letters. I could legally keep it but I don't think I would have been legal. I don't think it would have been legal for long anyways. Karl would have contacted AAC for his rifle and he would have reported it stolen or lost to ATF. Putting me in possession of stolen or lost firearm.

I was serious about not remembering if I sent them something. I've never had anything like this happen so I really thought I sent something to them for repairs but when I got the rifle, I knew it wasn't mine. So it was fun while I had it.

I know exactly what atf would say. Attorneys and atf rarely agree. You chose wisely.

Back
Top Bottom