• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A person without a GWCL?

New GA laws allow you to carry it anywhere in the vehicle, including under the seat. Only exception is say a hidden compartment, which is illegal anyhow.

I believe this is true only under the circumstances that the hidden compartment is being used for "unlawful pruposes." I could be wrong and am too lazy to search for the code at the moment, feel free to provide a link for this.

Alright, found the code for the secret compartment legality....O.C.G.A 16-11-112. http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/Default.asp

My interpretation is that, the definition of false or secret compartment is based on the "intent" of the compartment. Therefore, if you are not concealing contraband, it would not be considered an illegal compartment. IANAL

What I meant was carrying outside of private properties? Like carrying in a gun bag on the way into the range.

I don't like it but a concealed compartment can be empty and it is still illegal. I doubt it would stand up to a legal challenge but...

What I meant was carrying outside of private properties? Like carrying in a gun bag on the way into the range.
You can carry a gum to and from your car, home and place of business without restriction. Carrying into a shooting event or range is specifically allowed.

Ok bro, I pull you over and find a false or hidden compartment, you are going to jail and I will seize your car. How's that? Nearly 4 years in a narcotics unit should have provided me with a lil insight.

I believe sporting purposes are different. I was given permission by a lgs owner while leo was in there to bring in my pistol to size it for a holster.

Correct but you don't need "permission" or LEO present.

As far as property goes, we have the castle doctrine...
Castle Doctrine speaks to lethal force for preservation of life and/or property. It has nothing to do with carry laws.

Oh and, :pop2:

Ok bro, I pull you over and find a false or hidden compartment, you are going to jail and I will seize your car. How's that? Nearly 4 years in a narcotics unit should have provided me with a lil insight.

You're an undercover narc?

Back
Top Bottom