• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A day of training the next generation.

Man, and no invite?

Took the two youngest ones out on Sat, 4 & 6. The oldest (8yrs) couldn't go as he had a little disrespect issue with his younger brother and sister.

Anyhow my daughter (6yrs) is now able to shoot without my hands on help. My son (4yrs) understands the use of the crosshairs in the scope.
They are progressing!!:)

Man, and no invite?

Took the two youngest ones out on Sat, 4 & 6. The oldest (8yrs) couldn't go as he had a little disrespect issue with his younger brother and sister.

Anyhow my daughter (6yrs) is now able to shoot without my hands on help. My son (4yrs) understands the use of the crosshairs in the scope.

Outstanding. We had a bit of a setback today after using improper mechanics with a shotgun. A bruised shoulder will be a reminder to seat it properly. She decided to test her new reloads (starting to really like the CFE223)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 25
Great to see more parents getting their kids out too at a young age....early on at the range, I got some sideways glances and even some negative comments about having my oldest son (then 6) out at the range....Oddly enough, at our last competition, Jackson (now 12) put one of those guys out of the competition....Karma is a B!tc4!!!

Also, Jackson just got his GSSF membership card in the mail this week! He is a card carrying member now!!

His first scores in his first GSSF match were 356 and 327..on an "Advanced Course" with 5 strings at 21', 30', 74', 45', 74'!
309948_570375509674267_650319613_n.jpg

photo copy 4.jpg

photo copy 5.jpg

photo copy 6.jpg

It's pretty common in the south to raise our children around firearms. When we train them right , they will have a better understanding on how to protect themselves against would be threats in the future! Rock on guys. :-)

I have girls 14 & 10. Just started with the 10 yr old, the 14 has been training for a few yrs now.
IMG_20130120_152717.jpg

Man, and no invite?

she was pretty good with that Remington 552 even with basic sights on it, i certainly hope she keeps it up, if so she'll be quite the shot in her teen years

Got some great advice today from Mark Roth, which BTW everyone should check his stuff out ( https://www.xrailbyrci.com/ ).

My little shooter has acquired a flinch with the shotgun, and Mark hit the nail on the head. Stick to rifle and pistol... work for perfection there. The shotgun will come in time.

Got some great advice today from Mark Roth, which BTW everyone should check his stuff out ( https://www.xrailbyrci.com/ ).

My little shooter has acquired a flinch with the shotgun, and Mark hit the nail on the head. Stick to rifle and pistol... work for perfection there. The shotgun will come in time.

Good advice! will take it to heart with my boys...

My avatar is coins my son shot with his 22/45 at 10 yds off hand. He is 9 years old and points out what the adults are doing wrong. I put him on a timer when firing double taps, if he has a any problems he deals with it while I'm yelling bad guys deal with it. From compresed ready to a double tap to the head his average is 1.5 seconds.

My avatar is coins my son shot with his 22/45 at 10 yds off hand. He is 9 years old and points out what the adults are doing wrong. I put him on a timer when firing double taps, if he has a any problems he deals with it while I'm yelling bad guys deal with it. From compresed ready to a double tap to the head his average is 1.5 seconds.

Please keep him away from Norcross Gun Club and Range on bowling pin nights.

I don't need any more competition!

Back
Top Bottom