• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

$850 later...

going off the invoice

Front: turn rotors and new pads: $144.00 parts/$75.00 labor
Rear: turn rotors and new pads: $90.00 parts/$75.00 labor
Front wheel hub: $338.85 parts/$75.00 labor
Shop supplies: $7.00
now not sure if his hub is an assembly or a pressed bearing, still think he got screwed
I agree it wasn't the best deal, but this was a shop, not a shade tree mechanic, even though they performed the work as such.

The pads were all OEM and I have verified the price of the hub assembly w AutoZone, so parts cost what parts cost? I have no idea how much time all this took, but that would be about the only way to get screwed on the money.

The pads were all OEM and I have verified the price of the hub assembly w AutoZone, so parts cost what parts cost? I have no idea how much time all this took, but that would be about the only way to get screwed on the money.
OP, it is what it is. You can pick this apart further, but $850 is seemingly cheaper than what Ford would have charged. You had a descent amount of work done. only thing in question is why a test drive did not happen before released back to you.

Your saying the front pads were 144 cause that aint true. Turning rotors is only labor and not much. Also if you paying for labor on the pads it should reduce the labor cost for the hub since your already paying for wheel remove/replace

OP, it is what it is. You can pick this apart further, but $850 is seemingly cheaper than what Ford would have charged. You had a descent amount of work done. only thing in question is why a test drive did not happen before released back to you.

Your saying the front pads were 144 cause that aint true. Turning rotors is only labor and not much. Also if you paying for labor on the pads it should reduce the labor cost for the hub since your already paying for wheel remove/replace

Yep, not happy about the no test drive and having to go back.

JDG. JDG. , I'm not saying that, the invoice says that. I have no idea what OEM pads cost??? But, since the first set probably got f'd up by the warped/grooved rotor; maybe it was actually 2 sets per wheel? I don't know, I haven't talked to the owner yet. Granted, I shouldn't have been charged for the first set if it got screwed up from a warped/grooved rotor, but I did ask for the cheapest job he could give me. You get what you ask for sometimes.

If you ever want to avoid all the BS on parts just call me and i will order the parts and you can take them to anyone you'd like to install near you or we can do it up on my side of town. I replaced the rotors on my truck for $35 each and replaced the pads for $28 per set.

If you ever want to avoid all the BS on parts just call me and i will order the parts and you can take them to anyone you'd like to install near you or we can do it up on my side of town. I replaced the rotors on my truck for $35 each and replaced the pads for $28 per set.
Boom town

Back
Top Bottom