• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

$850 later...

Bingo, hopefully he addresses the issue and takes corrective active to ensure this does not continue. $850 is not bad. Pads (good ones) all 4 corners → $85-$100. Rotors, all 4 corners, generic brand (non-OEM)→$180-$250, hub, mid grade choice from your research → $350. Thats $700 for just parts. I think $850 is fair on this given the full details of what happened.

Rotors were turned, not replaced. As per invoice: $579.85 in parts and $230.00 in labor. I'm really not upset about the money anymore. I'm still ticked off that they (and by they, I mean the actual mechanic/not the owner) that would send it out w/ safety issues. After the first time, it really wasn't safe. A crew cab, 4wheel drive, lifted F250 is a lot of metal to try to keep in the road when it is pulling really hard to one side and then releasing to pull the opposite way.

Rotors were turned, not replaced. As per invoice: $579.85 in parts and $230.00 in labor. I'm really not upset about the money anymore. I'm still ticked off that they (and by they, I mean the actual mechanic/not the owner) that would send it out w/ safety issues. After the first time, it really wasn't safe. A crew cab, 4wheel drive, lifted F250 is a lot of metal to try to keep in the road when it is pulling really hard to one side and then releasing to pull the opposite way.
Just so you know, for future service, you can get rotors turned for around $10-$15/ea at your local parts store in case you decide to tackle it your self. Just need to have enough MM left for turning/ proper heat dissipation. Parts store will let you know if in tolerance too.

Just so you know, for future service, you can get rotors turned for around $10-$15/ea at your local parts store in case you decide to tackle it your self. Just need to have enough MM left for turning/ proper heat dissipation. Parts store will let you know if in tolerance too.

Thanks, but there is no chance in hell that I am tackling it my self. First off, I am negatively mechanically inclined and no where/tools to do the work.

Thanks, but there is no chance in hell that I am tackling it my self. First off, I am negatively mechanically inclined and no where/tools to do the work.
Lol, rotors and pads are so so simple on modern domestic cars. Seems I have said something about Camry's every other day, but the calipers only have 1 bolt and pivot on a dowel on the top, so literally only two bolts to service the front pads on a Camry. I understand some people are not comfortable working on cars, but some things are super super easy for the consumer to do and save some big $$$$.

With YouTube and Google, most people are able to service many things that seemed too over their head than before. I could only imagine how much more I would know if I had the same resources growing up! lol All of mine were learned through building engines with my dad growing up and helping/watching him rebuild/replace things. Then I started to flip broken cars for cash after I turned 18. Learned how to fix alot of other things the hard way! lol

Just put new pads, rotors, adjusted to drums and changed the diff oil on my silverado only cost about $200 and only took 2 hrs. Sounds like you got screwed

Just put new pads, rotors, adjusted to drums and changed the diff oil on my silverado only cost about $200 and only took 2 hrs. Sounds like you got screwed
Did you read all the comments? OP has 4 wheel disc, and had a hub replacement. Not exactly apples to apples...

Lol, rotors and pads are so so simple on modern domestic cars. Seems I have said something about Camry's every other day, but the calipers only have 1 bolt and pivot on a dowel on the top, so literally only two bolts to service the front pads on a Camry. I understand some people are not comfortable working on cars, but some things are super super easy for the consumer to do and save some big $$$$.

With YouTube and Google, most people are able to service many things that seemed too over their head than before. I could only imagine how much more I would know if I had the same resources growing up! lol All of mine were learned through building engines with my dad growing up and helping/watching him rebuild/replace things. Then I started to flip broken cars for cash after I turned 18. Learned how to fix alot of other things the hard way! lol

Oh, I can change brake pads. I have done that before on a Honda. What I can't do it get a 10k pound truck off the ground when all I have is a gravel driveway :) I don't know where the frame sits, but the bumper is 38" off the ground, so I don't have a jack to get it off the ground if I did have a place to do it. This is the first time I have had the brakes done and I have had the truck almost 6 years. So, in the grand scheme of things, it ain't so bad paying to have it done.

Did you read all the comments? OP has 4 wheel disc, and had a hub replacement. Not exactly apples to apples...
going off the invoice

Front: turn rotors and new pads: $144.00 parts/$75.00 labor
Rear: turn rotors and new pads: $90.00 parts/$75.00 labor
Front wheel hub: $338.85 parts/$75.00 labor
Shop supplies: $7.00
now not sure if his hub is an assembly or a pressed bearing, still think he got screwed

Back
Top Bottom