• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

'70 Hemi Cuda with 81 original miles...

The old Plymouth doesn't do anything for me. I would rather have a new Vette that I can take to the track, cross country, grocery store and not sitting in a garage, plus, it's a lot cheaper, faster, handles better, more reliable, looks better, etc, etc, etc, but, that's just me. ;)
Apples and oranges. I agree the new Vette is arguably the biggest bang for the buck out there. But.... we could all go buy a Vette tomorrow. There's only one of those in the OP and it's schweeeet! :cool:

I need not click on it. Let me guess oh about 1.5 million maybe? I don't get why the big money guys will pay ALL the money for the hot Mopar Hemi cars. It has to be just to show off. I mean after you pay a record price for one what then?
same as all the big money show off gun guys

Apples and oranges. I agree the new Vette is arguably the biggest bang for the buck out there. But.... we could all go buy a Vette tomorrow. There's only one of those in the OP and it's schweeeet! :cool:
But, but, but, its an automatic and a Plymouth!!!!! :tongue:

In all seriousness, if you bought it, what would you do with it? Let it sit in a garage, don't put any miles on it and hopefully it will continue to go up in value, or, actually drive it around it and watch it depreciate?

But, but, but, its an automatic and a Plymouth!!!!! :tongue:

In all seriousness, if you bought it, what would you do with it? Let it sit in a garage, don't put any miles on it and hopefully it will continue to go up in value, or, actually drive it around it and watch it depreciate?
I'd never buy THAT car. Ok, never say never granted....
If I had unlimited funds I would buy a similar condition '65 GTO convertible if one existed. And... "Drive it like I stole it".
I was looking at a new Charger driving in today and just thought "What in the world happened to style?"

In the early 70's when Gas jumped from .19 to over a Dollar a Gallon (I know, now that sounds cheap) a Car lot in Riverdale Ga had a Road Runner with a Hemi in it that sat on the lot a year, they were asking $1000.00 No one wanted it because it was a Gas Guzzler. I drove by it every morning, who would have thought:doh:

In the early 70's when Gas jumped from .19 to over a Dollar a Gallon (I know, now that sounds cheap) a Car lot in Riverdale Ga had a Road Runner with a Hemi in it that sat on the lot a year, they were asking $1000.00 No one wanted it because it was a Gas Guzzler. I drove by it every morning, who would have thought:doh:
A NEW one?!?! No matter, either way... yep... :doh:

The old Plymouth doesn't do anything for me. I would rather have a new Vette that I can take to the track, cross country, grocery store and not sitting in a garage, plus, it's a lot cheaper, faster, handles better, more reliable, looks better, etc, etc, etc, but, that's just me. ;)

Have to agree with you, purchased a Vette in July and have not regretted it one bit. Great bang for the buck

Just because they have no miles doesn't mean they don't run. Alot of cars are stored and cranked every few months and let run for a while to keep them cleared up.

I bet 100% it runs and drives just fine. People who own something like that pay big money to keep them up. The muscle car museum in TN has quite a few low mile survivors that are not driven but have techs run and keep them up.

Only problem with that car would be getting leaded gas additive unless they took the top of the motor apart and did the proper head work (hardened valve seats) to run on unleaded.
high comp motors had hardened valve seats so no worries

Back
Top Bottom