• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

30 Cal can update and advice.

Which turd to polish?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can go monocore and serviceable with a minimal db difference, I don't know why you would not. I currently do not have a horse in this race, but it would just make sense to have a serviceable can if it does not affect the db rating or FRP, like Bryan said. Especially if it keeps the MFG's costs lower - which you would think gets passed down to the consumer in one way or another.

A slightly different consideration. Have you thought about adding a lip or a flange so that someone could pin/weld this easily to make it permanently attached to a sufficiently long barrel to get a 16+" OAL suppressed rifle setup for a non-SBR suppressed SBR size rifle?
I can make that happen anyway. The threaded end will allow for it

I thought 308 cans were self cleaning?
Its hard to tell whats true. Most of the facts come from people trying to sell cans. I have heard many times that even if you do shoot lead you can do a jacketed mag dump and clean the lead out. Ive also heard that that lead will turn to plasma and cut your baffles out. I don't know how the lead could get hotter than the fire around it but both "facts" came from reliable sources (manufacturers).

In my honest opinion, I don't know. Ill try to thoroughly **** one though.

Edit: with jacketed ammo youll never ever need to clean one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom