• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

1967 gto

Had the original 64 GTO w/3-2 intake and 4speed /positrac...traded for a 66 w/6.5 liter and the same intake and driveline setup) FANTASTIC CARS! don't think todays gasoline would work in them!

Excited! I took the first picture yesterday evening and the second this afternoon.

i62.tinypic.com_16le07p.jpg

i61.tinypic.com_dxfz0g.jpg

Been a little while. Paint was finished last month and she has been cruising the roads. I installed new wheel tonight after work. Posting before/after pics.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 34
Best year for the GTO hands down.

I can put you in contact with a good friend that works for a performance machine shop around Marietta. The GTO club guys go there pretty regular. So you know they know what they're doing.

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I had a '64 original w/ tri-power and 4 speed. GTO started out as a LeMans in 64 with all the goodies added. I sold the 64 for a 62 Vette and then sold that for the 67 in the same color as yours. I wish I had the 67 back! Tri-power 389 / 4 speed / posi-trac and it would FLY!
I could be wrong as I quite often can with my Wife but I think that the Tri-Power was offered in 64,65 and 66. I bought a one owner 67 in about 1969 or 70.
Yours may have been a 66!
I am a 66 year old Hotroddder, I still Drag Race three or four times per year, I run the Wanna Go Fast 1/2 Mile Georgia Shootout and I ran, though not very well on the inaugural event on the new 2 mile Roadcourse at Dawsonville through the SCCA back in May. I was in a nice little 04 Mustang GT that I am building to be the fastest car I have ever owned. I am through with all of the bolt ons I can do for speed except for a 125 HP Supercharger and I was also working on the handling performance side of things also.
Got side tracked when I bought a 55 Chevy that I had to have when I saw it.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom