• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11 year wants to buy a gun

chitownpolish

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
19   0
Reaction score
My son is 11 about to turn 12 in 8 days and wants to buy his first gun. He has shot mine so he does have some exp. He wants a .22 hand gun any suggestions?? He has saved his own money so somewhere in in the cheaper range.

The Ruger Wrangler is a solid choice. I have not bought one since I got I Heritage Rough Rider I have been shooting since I was 11. Countless rounds have been shot through it and the only part I ever had to replace was the mainspring 2 years ago. I bet with the Ruger, it would be even better. A .22 lever gun like a Henry would be a solid one to start him off with.

My son is 11 about to turn 12 in 8 days and wants to buy his first gun. He has shot mine so he does have some exp. He wants a .22 hand gun any suggestions?? He has saved his own money so somewhere in in the cheaper range.
Just remember, you get what you pay for....might be a good lesson too.

Master a .22 rifle before you start with a pistol... Proud owner of a 26 and 22 year old Boys.. They started with .22’s and .17 rifles first, now they can our shoot their Dad with pistols, rifles, and shotguns.....
This ^^^ He can learn to care for it, tear it down, clean it, and reassemble it. A Heritage or Mark pistol can be his next "baby step."

Ruger 10/22, Marlin 60 (Remmy haters gonna hate, or find a nice older JM), Henry, S&W 15-22 are all solid starter and lifetime rifles.

Back
Top Bottom