• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

‘Multiple victims’ reported in church shooting outside San Antonio

I'm gonna start packing in church

A few months ago a friend of mine who lives in blairsville was telling me about their security plan and how the two greeters on the front steps were armed and stayed outside during Sunday school and the church service

And five or six other members were armed and had walkie talkies so the two outside could alert them

I thought it was a little over the top for a smallish church in a rural area

Apparently not

I'm gonna start packing in church

A few months ago a friend of mine who lives in blairsville was telling me about their security plan and how the two greeters on the front steps were armed and stayed outside during Sunday school and the church service

And five or six other members were armed and had walkie talkies so the two outside could alert them

I thought it was a little over the top for a smallish church in a rural area

Apparently not

Does your church "permit it"? It will go much better if your church "allows" carry. In ga. Its still up to the individual churches as to whether or not guns mix with God. I think a public gathering like a church (soft target) is foolish to not have bullet throwers on property.

Does your church "permit it"? It will go much better if your church "allows" carry. In ga. Its still up to the individual churches as to whether or not guns mix with God. I think a public gathering like a church (soft target) is foolish to not have bullet throwers on property.
I think it's fine to 'vote' on what the congregation can do for self defense, but you have an individual responsibility to your family to NOT take them into a church where your self defense options are limited. If you agree wiih the tenants of a particular church but they don't 'allow' carry? Find another church.

In SC twenty five years ago there was no "CCW permit" unless you were a (LOL) State Constable. You weren't 'allowed' to carry anywhere except on your way to and from hunting or the range. The little church I'm a member of? You can bet your next month's wages that there were no less than 20 armed and deadly men in that congregation, complete scofflaws (in this regard) every single one of us.

For those looking to carry at church - it's my understanding that if the church has a state recognized school on the property; then the state of GA recognizes the entire campus as a school 24/7 365 days/year. It doesnt matter that school is in a different building on the other side of the property M-F; and you are in church only on Sunday Morning - the gun laws are still based on it being a school. I am NOT telling anyone not to carry, that's your call - its just best to know what you are up against if someone happens to see you printing and call the cops or some other random incident happens and you get caught.

This came from the head of security at a very large church - he couldn't allow carry even if he wanted. On the flip side; the hired police officer I asked first didn't have a clue and said to go ahead and carry unless I find out the church doesn't allow it.

Remember, the killer went pew to pew shooting survivors of his initial fusillade. He shot infants in their strollers as well as their siblings and parents..

This is reality. Not "allowing" parishioners the ability to protect themselves is pure liberal fantasy.

For those looking to carry at church - it's my understanding that if the church has a state recognized school on the property; then the state of GA recognizes the entire campus as a school 24/7 365 days/year. It doesnt matter that school is in a different building on the other side of the property M-F; and you are in church only on Sunday Morning - the gun laws are still based on it being a school. I am NOT telling anyone not to carry, that's your call - its just best to know what you are up against if someone happens to see you printing and call the cops or some other random incident happens and you get caught.

This came from the head of security at a very large church - he couldn't allow carry even if he wanted. On the flip side; the hired police officer I asked first didn't have a clue and said to go ahead and carry unless I find out the church doesn't allow it.

Yeah gun laws are goofy like that. Kinda like army core of engineers property. Even if its proven justifiable self defense and lethal force on their property, u are still liable to their penalty for guns on their property which includes jail time, fine, loss of gwl, etc.
Booooo....me no likey. One of the main reasons i stopped mt biking on their land.

When you really take a look at any law that restricts carry, it's just ****ing retarded.

Pass a law that will punish a person carrying for self defense and create victims. Add on a charge of carrying in a restricted area to some douchebag that just committed MURDER in the same area with an 'illegally carried firearm'. Are all liberals lobotomized or are they just ****ing evil?

Back
Top Bottom