• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zero turn mowers

Looking at a new 52 in mower for my property. About ten acres, flat but four acres we’re used for farming years ago.
I may be misunderstanding but are you saying you'll be regularly mowing TEN acres? :confused:
If so, no way I'd do that with any mower. Tractor all day every day plus you'll get unlimited utility out of it compared to a 0 degree mower.

I may be misunderstanding but are you saying you'll be regularly mowing TEN acres? :confused:
If so, no way I'd do that with any mower. Tractor all day every day plus you'll get unlimited utility out of it compared to a 0 degree mower.
Father n law cut the pasture area with a 1947 Ford tractor. Dementia set in about three years ago and I have been cutting it since with a mower

No. Two houses on property and pasture totaling ten acres. With my ten year old exmark it use to take about 4 and a half hours if I cut everything. The new mower is a little faster so should reduce it. I usually only cut the pasture a couple times a month. As far as cutting the yards of the two houses only takes about 40 minutes each

No. Two houses on property and pasture totaling ten acres. With my ten year old exmark it use to take about 4 and a half hours if I cut everything. The new mower is a little faster so should reduce it. I usually only cut the pasture a couple times a month. As far as cutting the yards of the two houses only takes about 40 minutes each
Gotcha'.

This is a timely thread and almost identical to my current situation. Just moved to 2+ acres and we will probably cut a little more that belongs to a neighbor who lives out of state and owns the land surrounding us. My wife and some have been cutting it with a 30" Snapper so anything will be an upgrade.
We are trying to decide between the Scag Liberty 52 for $4900, Hustler Raptor XDX 54 for $5300 or the 60 for $5600. Our local lawn and garden dealer sells Hustler, Scag and Xmark I believe.

This is a timely thread and almost identical to my current situation. Just moved to 2+ acres and we will probably cut a little more that belongs to a neighbor who lives out of state and owns the land surrounding us. My wife and some have been cutting it with a 30" Snapper so anything will be an upgrade.
We are trying to decide between the Scag Liberty 52 for $4900, Hustler Raptor XDX 54 for $5300 or the 60 for $5600. Our local lawn and garden dealer sells Hustler, Scag and Xmark I believe.
Whichever you buy get the commercial grade in it. It’s well worth the difference in the long run. IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom