• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zero turn mowers

This is a timely thread and almost identical to my current situation. Just moved to 2+ acres and we will probably cut a little more that belongs to a neighbor who lives out of state and owns the land surrounding us. My wife and some have been cutting it with a 30" Snapper so anything will be an upgrade.
We are trying to decide between the Scag Liberty 52 for $4900, Hustler Raptor XDX 54 for $5300 or the 60 for $5600. Our local lawn and garden dealer sells Hustler, Scag and Xmark I believe.

Any of those wood be just fine, scag and xmark better than the hustler. Most important thing is having a good place to service them.

I cut right at 2 acres and if I'm not getting on and off getting the kids baseballs out of the yard, I can mow it in about 1 1/4 hours on my 52

This is a timely thread and almost identical to my current situation. Just moved to 2+ acres and we will probably cut a little more that belongs to a neighbor who lives out of state and owns the land surrounding us. My wife and some have been cutting it with a 30" Snapper so anything will be an upgrade.
We are trying to decide between the Scag Liberty 52 for $4900, Hustler Raptor XDX 54 for $5300 or the 60 for $5600. Our local lawn and garden dealer sells Hustler, Scag and Xmark I believe.
For me it came down to the exmark radius e vs the scag patriot. The patriot was about 800 more but I got the suspension seat, Kawasaki engine and the larger hydros. The Scag was also a little faster. I cut all 10 acres two days ago and the cut looked great. I spent about three weeks and looked at Ferris and Gravely also. Basically as long as you get a good engine, large welded deck and larger hydros their isn’t much difference.

Back
Top Bottom