• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zero turn mowers

outlaw1961

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
86   0
Reaction score
Looking at a new 52 in mower for my property. About ten acres, flat but four acres we’re used for farming years ago. My old mower is a exmark pioneer with a 48 in cut and has worked fine. Trying to decide between Exmark Radius, Bobcat 3000 or a Gravely pro turn. These are bottom level commercial units and asking if anyone has any experience with them thanks

Scag is top tier. I have one I bought in 05’ and never done a thing but regular maintenance. I cut about 2.5 acres with it. As the saying goes...buy once cry once
Thanks for the info. The only problem I have with scag is dealer location. I don’t have a trailer so I would have to have the dealer pick it up if I needed anything done. The others I mentioned are within 10 miles of my house.

I had an Exmark radius and wasn’t happy with it. I sold it at 50 hrs. It ran great but the cut was never great on my yard. Was heavier than my last mower and tended to cause rut in my yard , previous mower had for ten years and didn’t do that

I bought my first Gravley ZT HD 44” with the Kawasaki engine. 4 years later bought a lake house and needed another mower. I bought the same one in a 48”. Very nice machines for the money.

I hear scag is the way to go
But with your land wouldn’t you need a tractor?
Father in law did cut the pasture area years ago with a old Ford tractor. Over the years I have used a exmark pioneer and keep it fairly short. Probably in a few years I will sale off everything and downsize based on my age.

Back
Top Bottom