• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

zee fuhrer!! and now WWII discussion

Guy/Girls, lets keep on topic. NO bashing or name calling please. We really don't want to have to play middle man in your "disagreement".

On a different note, as you stated, don't think there were any "good" ones. If it wasn't for the U.S., IMHO Germany would own all of Europe. Russia couldn't have taken care of it on their own.

Nope. Don't forget the French Resistance, Norwegian Resistance, they were risking life and limb to help the Americans and Royal forces.

Personally I think Hitler and the whole nazi party was an embodiment of general sentiment in Germany post World War I. That being said, I also feel they were maniacs and misguided. I highly admire the German war machine as well, but attribute it's success to the resilence of Germany as a people, not Hilter or the Nazi party. Had Hitler let his very compitent generals handle the war, things may have turned out differently. Actually I feel the invasion of Normandy may have had a dual role for the Allies, obviously it was a direct attack on fortress Europe and would speed Germany's defeat. However, in June 1944 the Soviets already had plenty of momentum and was rapidly pushing Germany back to pre-Barbarossa borders and beyond. The Allies probably felt it prudent to liberate as much of Europe as they could under their flag, before occupied Europe remained such just under communism instead of nazism.

Agreed that Hitler was not the wisest, otherwise he never would have taken on a three front war. That is one of the largest attributes to the Russians being able to advance and reclaim territories already lost.

Agreed that Hitler was not the wisest, otherwise he never would have taken on a three front war. That is one of the largest attributes to the Russians being able to advance and reclaim territories already lost.

Agreed, US strategic bombing crippled war production for Germany on all fronts. Besides, fighting on a front stretching from the Baltic to the Black sea against an enemy that outnumbers you in most battles 10 to 1 isn't wise either. The Soviets didn't need a technological advantage, they had the bodies to make up for it.

Yeah well, it happens.

Well to comment on the original subject, I believe the account that Hitler and his mistress took cynide pills, shot themselves, were piled in a shallow grave in a street in Berlin, burned, and covered up. Hitler would not wanted to have been debased by what he believed to be animals in the Russians.

Back
Top Bottom