• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

yall still alive?Role call..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with a free for all section, is someone will get mad or their feelings hurt and then who knows where it could lead. All we need is someone going after another member in person with malicious intent. THAT would look good all over the news,

"Gun Forum Members Hunting Other Members Down Like Animals after Online Spat"
it happens. had a member on gon threaten me years ago. then he pm me my address. said he was coming but never did. it can get serious.

imagesCZ2GOEXC.jpg
We really dont have a section to cut loose in, which would be nice, but some people cant handle side boob.

Reactions: MRH
The problem with a free for all section, is someone will get mad or their feelings hurt and then who knows where it could lead. All we need is someone going after another member in person with malicious intent. THAT would look good all over the news,

"Gun Forum Members Hunting Other Members Down Like Animals after Online Spat"

All I know is I have to read one more news article about a murder resulting in the lack of a language filter and top less women in members only forums on sites like Arfcom, NFA talk, Glock talk, Snipers hide, etc. I just don't know what I will do with myself.

Imagine the turmoil! Anybody on Internet gun forums long enough to remember fullauto.com? Holy crap, I'm pretty sure it is solely responsible for Islamic terrorism.

Blood running in the streets I tell you! :rolleyes:

Can we have such a section? I mean you have to admit that it would cut down on a lot of the bs on the rest of the site if we had somewhere that we could go blow off steam. Like some kind of "room" that we could go to "boil over" in...

Don't really need one on the ODT if you just want to "blow off steam" unless you want to make it screen name or avatar specific and involve someone or something that was posted here. Also, I don't think it would be fair to ask ODT management to provide this for you as that would infer that they condone whatever goes on and is said on that forum.

You can go to Atlanta Craigslist Rants and Rave section and post and say anything you want without censorship and really knock yourself out. If you upset anyone on R&R you may get a lot of invitations to meet in the local Walmart parking lot and handle matters face to face but then that decision will be up to you, and other ODT members need not be involved unless you invite them.

By the way, I would much prefer you "let off steam" with a keyboard rather than a lethal weapon but just not here :hand:.

Just my 2c.

Last edited:
Don't really need one on the ODT if you just want to "blow off steam" unless you want to make it screen name or avatar specific and involve someone or something that was posted here. Also, I don't think it would be fair to ask ODT management to provide this for you as that would carry a suggestion that they condone whatever goes on and is said on that forum.

You can go to Atlanta Craigslist Rants and Rave section and post and say anything you want without censorship and really knock yourself out. If you upset anyone on R&R you may get a lot of invitations to meet in the local Walmart parking lot and handle matters face to face but then that decision will be up to you, and other ODT members need not be involved unless you invite them.

By the way, I would much prefer you "let off steam" with a keyboard rather than a lethal weapon but just not here :hand:.

Just my 2c.

The part that cheese me off is that the boiler room was advertised for that purpose.

There is some revisionist history going on, but I remember very specific representations being made about the boiler room being an "anything goes except death threats" sort of place.

Whatevs. I still like it here. I just find it disappointing how things have evolved.

The part that cheese me off is that the boiler room was advertised for that purpose.

There is some revisionist history going on, but I remember very specific representations being made about the boiler room being an "anything goes except death threats" sort of place.

Whatevs. I still like it here. I just find it disappointing how things have evolved.

Appreciate your point about "revisionist history" but can't confirm one way or the other. Even though our "join" dates are close I can't say I am seeing any differences except for software upgrades and an increase in membership. Of course that may be because I have lived a "sheltered" life when it come to the ODT as I am only interested in learning about guns and what is being sold, bought or traded, not that I do a lot of that either.

Never had the desire to visit the Boiler Room - seems like there is enough drama taking place on the rest of the site - and some which appears to be started, or at least fueled, by intentional "stirrers". Who needs it? :wacko:

Appreciate your point about "revisionist history" but can't confirm one way or the other. Even though our "join" dates are close I can't say I am seeing any differences except for software upgrades and an increase in membership. Of course that may be because I have lived a "sheltered" life when it come to the ODT as I am only interested in learning about guns and what is being sold, bought or traded, not that I do a lot of that either.

Never had the desire to visit the Boiler Room - seems like there is enough drama taking place on the rest of the site - and some which appears to be started, or at least fueled, by intentional "stirrers". Who needs it? :wacko:
Don't look now but your high horse is standing right in the thick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom