• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would Your Car Survive An EMP Attack?

Seems to me that if the results of an EMP event were as dire as some predictions, your car not running would be way down one's list of concerns.

Nope. Luckily I'm not planning on going anywhere. My soon to be new Harley might survive though.

In the traditional sense of an EMP attack you don't have to worry about the initial burst... it's all the other little RVs coming behind it that make the discussion kind of pointless.

I've often wondered. You protect against EMP by building a conductive box around it, Faraday cage... or put it in a metal box.... store radios in a metal trash can with a lid on it. A car is fairly metally-boxy-ish. Not corvettes, but who wants to drive 180mph after an EMP attack. That's just showin off.

IMG_0582.JPG

Mine was shielded by the US Military and although a 1986,it just turned 30K miles, and is still 100% mil, M1009 CUCV still has troop seat and Rifle rack, and all 24 volt with night driving lights for blackout with night vision optics. Bought it from a Ga Sheriff Dept. (Once they finally got hummers for their Swat team.) that they got from Ft Benning so this is one of a few with no rust and even came with spare parts, starter, glow plugs, brake shoes, etc.I've owned it now for 7 years and just drive it occasionally and keep a 24 volt battery tender connected to keep the 2 12 volt Optima batteries at full power.
Would consider trade offers for a truck ton pull a camper, but has to be 4 wheel drive (Wife is Nurse and has to get to work regardless of road & weather conditions) Trade Value for this puppy is $12K, PM any offers

CUCV1.jpg
20161107_084714_resized.jpg

Mine was shielded by the US Military and although a 1986,it just turned 30K miles, and is still 100% mil, M1009 CUCV still has troop seat and Rifle rack, and all 24 volt with night driving lights for blackout with night vision optics. Bought it from a Ga Sheriff Dept. (Once they finally got hummers for their Swat team.) that they got from Ft Benning so this is one of a few with no rust and even came with spare parts, starter, glow plugs, brake shoes, etc.I've owned it now for 7 years and just drive it occasionally and keep a 24 volt battery tender connected to keep the 2 12 volt Optima batteries at full power.
Would consider trade offers for a truck ton pull a camper, but has to be 4 wheel drive (Wife is Nurse and has to get to work regardless of road & weather conditions) Trade Value for this puppy is $12K, PM any offers

View attachment 1309967 View attachment 1309969

Gas or diesel? Love those blazers!

Nope. Luckily I'm not planning on going anywhere. My soon to be new Harley might survive though.
yep the harleys... had a guy come in the shop the other day with one.(i am metric only ,so i dont work on them)i asked him what his problem was. he said it would only run 125, i said dang, that puppy will do 125 per minute??? wow. he looked at me funny, i told him i have never seen a harley run for an hour....:drum:

Back
Top Bottom