• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you sell a gun to someone that wouldn’t fire but 20% of the time? Without disclosing this fact?

So you sell a gun, buyer takes it home. First five rounds, only one bang. Your response?

• Tuff ****, caveat emptor.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Man I’m sorry, what do you want to do?

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Get it fixed and send me the bill…

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Tacos…

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
what kind of firearm? Have you tried different ammunition/magizene?
Browning HP. And no I have not done anything yet…haven’t had time.
Grandkids keeping me busy. I’ll clean it up, load up some mags with different ammo and check it out soon.
I just got pissed when I loaded the first mag, stepped on the back porch intending to scare away a stray dog and it went click. Racked the slide and ejected that round. Again, click.
Looked at the primer, strike but light. So, try again.
And click. And bang, then click again.

Grandkids keeping me busy. I’ll clean it up, load up some mags with different ammo and check it out soon.
I just got pissed when I loaded the first mag, stepped on the back porch intending to scare away a stray dog and it went click. Racked the slide and ejected that round. Again, click.
WOW, I can't stand something that doesn't work right. A HP shouldn't be a problem. I have had problems with mags, but that's it. Well you have to keep them oiled, they will rust on you. Even the parked finish

WOW, I can't stand something that doesn't work right. A HP shouldn't be a problem. I have had problems with mags, but that's it. Well you have to keep them oiled, they will rust on you. Even the parked finish
Guy had been doing some “build” work on the gun. He obviously had no business inside a Browning HP lol. I’ll get it to run…but no way it ran “50 flawless rounds” after the modifications. The hammer strike is way too light for that to be true.
Funny thing is seller now acts like I’m the dumbass who doesn’t know how to change springs on a Browning HP…I’m not the one who ****ed it up lol.

Guy had been doing some “build” work on the gun. He obviously had no business inside a Browning HP lol. I’ll get it to run…but no way it ran “50 flawless rounds” after the modifications. The hammer strike is way too light for that to be true.
Funny thing is seller now acts like I’m the dumbass who doesn’t know how to change springs on a Browning HP…I’m not the one who ****ed it up lol.
I was very particular about who I would let work on mine. Seems like a specialization. But I never tried to work on one myself either, unlike a 1911.

LOL, yep. I figured it had been modified by Bubba.......I bet the problem goes deeper than that

I've seen where they mess the hammer up. Then it has to be replaced. I had a HP once that had been buggered. I had a gunsmith go through it and fix it

Same, but different circumstances. I bought a SP2022 that went click no bang. Changed magazines, ammo still click no bang. Field stripped it and found the problem. It was loaded with grease, pea gravel, and small dead animals. Cleaned and it worked like it should. I learned from the experience to throughly inspect a firearm, new or used, before purchasing.

To me, buying a weapon that has been, "Bubba'd" is like buying a used lawn mower, it is what it is, you take that chance, not a lot of "kitchen table gunsmith's" know what the hell they are doing. I've seen too many 'custom' weapons that look like the 'gunsmith's' tool kit consisted of a butter knife, a pipe wrench and a cheater bar.

This is also why I avoid buying baggies full of hand-loaded ammunition, if I don't know the guy that did it, I ain't buying. I have an uncle that hand-loads, he's an avid shooter and has been loading ammunition since before I was born. Last time I went back to Oklahoma to visit, he gave me three coffee cans full of 9mm, as I was leaving he said "I wouldn't use them for anything but target practice, I'm pretty sure I used the right powder but I lost track and think that I forgot to put powder in some of them".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom