• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you pay an armorer to work on your AR15?

Would you pay a certified armorer to work on your AR15?

• Yes, absolutely! Let those with proper tools and training do it correctly!

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • No, I do just fine by myself. AR's are like Legos!

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I'll do the simple stuff myself, but if I get stuck, I'll pay the armorer.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • What's an AR?

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
I like fixing things. Well, I like taking things apart, let's leave it at that.

I've built several rifles and slowly accumulated the tools- other than a Go/No Go chamber gauge. Still don't have those. But I've never seen an AR with headspace problems.

Here's my thing, and don't take this personally. The ar 15 is not a complicated weapon at all, so I doubt you're going to make much money, if any diagnosing, repairing or building ar 15's. Add in the fact that if a gunsmith isn't competent enough to do what you need him to do on one of the simplest platform he's probably a phony. Then add in the fact that in order for you to work on a firearm and receive money for it you need your gun smithing license, business license, insurance etc. I doubt you're gonna cover those costs by installing a rail system or pinning and welding some flash hiders. I'm not shooting down your dreams, I'm saying you need more schooling and a broader horizon. If you were to say you were a 1911 smith, or a m14 smith, maybe you got a shot.

Wow, where are the guys that say "I won't touch a gun that some kitchen counter gunsmith has worked on"? I'm surprised they haven't come out yet. Maybe ARs are different in their mind.

Wow, where are the guys that say "I won't touch a gun that some kitchen counter gunsmith has worked on"? I'm surprised they haven't come out yet. Maybe ARs are different in their mind.

I would bet those guys couldnt tell a factory AR from a kitchen counter AR.

For the money, you can buy the action blocks, wrench, punches, etc... to do it your self for what it would probably cost to have a pro build it for you. Plus I totally agree with the learning experience of building one completely from scratch. You do learn about them alot more and understand their function better.

Back
Top Bottom