• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winter Fishing in GA

With this cold snap, the float and fly bite on Carters should go off! Been getting a dozen or so each trip, but no really big ones yet. Love winter fishing on Carters.

I was gonna try to fish the Etowah but the water was up nearly to the bridge from all the rain. That's why I went to Lanier. I may make a trek up to Carters to try that out again. Now that I've gone recently, I have the itch to go again....soon!

I got a chance to sneak out a couple times over the holidays. Spent them all on Chickamauga, nothing big but several good bucket mouths in the 2 to 3.5lb range. All caught on traps in what's left of the grass or on jigs on rock banks close to deep water. Got my fix to hold me over till I head to Okeechobee at the end of the month. Looked forward to this trip all year long.

20150101_161003.jpg

I usually take a striper fishing trip this time of year but will be unable to go for a few weeks. Lake Nottely is one of my favorites.

Wife and I took a gamble last Saturday on the Carters Lake re-reg pool (not the big lake). A few months ago it was drained to repair the big dam and there has been speculation the Stripers in the pool either got washed into the Coosawattee or died. Dragged trout around for about 5 hours and didn't get a bite. By early afternoon the wind was making it impossible to troll so we packed it up :).

Spots must still be there since it was packed with bass fishermen.

Back
Top Bottom