• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Win a free slot in my Combat Carbine class on 10/24

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
I'm teaching a Combat Carbine class on October 24 in Carrollton GA. http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/combat-carbine-saturday-october-24-carrollton-ga.978078/

I wanna have a little contest, first prize is a free slot in the class.

If you can't attend the class, or don't care to, then please don't answer the quiz. Only 1 submittal per member. If you post is marked as edited, it will be DQ'ed.

Respond to this thread with your answers. First person to get all 10 questions right wins the slot. If no one gets them all correct, I'll give a free slot to the person that gets the most right.

1. You are using your mil-based reticle to measure a 24" target. You get a reading of 1.875 mils. To the nearest yard, how far away is the target?

2. In Mikhail Kalashnikov's original plans for the first AK-47, what process did he specify for manufacturing the receiver?

3. What do the letters "MRT" stand for on a USGI sling?

4. What round did John M. Browning base his .50BMG round off of?

5. When the M1 Garand originally won the military trials, it was not chambered in a .30 caliber round. What caliber was it chambered in?

6. What US military caliber immediately preceded the .30-06?

7. List 5 changes that resulted in the M1911A1 from the M1911.

8. What round was the 9x19mm necked up from?

9. What was the first caliber designed specifically for Sniping? Not an adapted military or sporting round.

10. In the original military trials of 1910, the pistol submitted by Colt that became the M1911 was fired over a period of 2 days with no stoppages or malfunctions. When it became too hot, it was immersed in water. No cleaning was done. How many rounds were fired?

Last edited:
1. 357 yards
2. Milled- AK-1; Stamped- AK-2
3. Mildew resistant treatment
4. .30 Cal, U.S. / 30-06 scaled up
5. 30-03
6. T65
7. a. Larger sites
b. Shorter hammer spur
c. Longer Grip Safety
d. Arched Mainspring housing
e. Shorter Trigger
8. 7.65 x 21 Parabellum
9. .338 Lapua
10. 6,000

hseII, very good run! Not all were correct, but the vast majority were. I'll give it until Thursday evening to see if someone gets more correct than you did.

Back
Top Bottom