• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why in the world does TOT allow comments on classified ads??????

I personally don't like the positive comments, either...if I'm going to try and negotiate with the seller a bit, it hurts me when he sees all the great comments and thinks his junk is worth more than it is.

Positive comments don't just hurt your negotiating position. I've had three people back out on sales where they posted an item for sale and I pm'ed I'd take it for their asking price then after seeing all the "deal of the day", "smoking deal" etc comments, they pull the sale. A couple were reposted later with a higher price. One of them said they with all the positive comments they had, he was getting offers for X amount more and they were going to see who offered the most. In that case the positive comments created an auction.

Let's see, sites that do not allow posting of comments: Craigslist...GON...Armslist

I don't think I would ever visit ODT again if they became like any of those other sites. IMO, more disasters have been averted by helpful comments.

What would be cool would be an option to allow comments or not. Or to be able to delete the GLWS and good luck junk.

That is on the list of things to do soon, depending on what happens in January. To be honest I'm currently afraid to put any money into new features until I know what will happen with law changes.

Back
Top Bottom