Why do folks post "PM Sent" for offers less than asking?

Yep, the new meaning is: I'm sending you a low ball offer, check your messages.

My "meanings" were stated earlier... Not changing my approach....

If there is an item that has not been "bumped" and is a couple pages back... I will not post in the thread as I do not want it brought to the front... Will just PM...

My "meanings" were stated earlier... Not changing my approach....

If there is an item that has not been "bumped" and is a couple pages back... I will not post in the thread as I do not want it brought to the front... Will just PM...

I know what you mean. My last posts were 100% sarcasm. Some people get it, some don't. I don't know if I have ever typed, "I'll take it" on a post. Heck, I may have, who knows. If I did the OP can sure as heck consider it sold for the asking price and consider it a done deal. But these days, since this is the "New ODT", where all meanings have variations that suit the noobs that have showed up on here only to "make a buck", we have to accept the fact that there are a lot more liars, cheaters, thieves, crooks and assholes on here now.

p.s. NOT all noobs are this way. I've met several that are a good match for the ODT.

I have never really understood why the hell people on here will post "PM Sent" on a listing when they are sending a pm with an offer for a lesser amount than the asking price.
Logically it makes no sense because it increases the chances of another seeing the ad (having just been bumped) who is willing to pay ...

I agree that making such an announcement in conjunction with a lowball offer is strange, but in general typing "p.m. sent" is not without justification. A lot of people visit this site without logging in. If sellers just reviews this site without logging in, they will see the new post on the thread but they won't get any notice that they have PMs waiting in their inbox.

The "PMsent" message is a reminder to log-in and check private messages.

Seriously?

For cereal.

Unless I know you personally/have dealt with you before.

But that's the great thing about networking and M&G's. You actually get to KNOW people, what they like, what they are interested in.

If your network is big enough you never have to post anything in the classifieds. You can PM behind the scenes. Personally I will sell something cheaper to a buddy than I would post on ODT.

I can't remember the last time I listed a firearm for sale on ODT. And I've bought/sold countless items without even having to post in the classifieds.

laughing-fem-emoticon1.jpg
laughing-fem-emoticon1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom