• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who's hanging in the Left lane?

Do you move over into the right lane when not actively passing others?

• Yes.

Votes: 116 78.4%
  • No.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Yes, but only when someone is riding my a**

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • No, I stick with the lane I'm in till I get where I'm going, thanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'll be turning left in another 28 miles so I figured I"d just stay here.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • NO, and if you try to pass me on the right, I"m gonna stomp the gas.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Get off my back bro, I'm on my way to the Taco shop.

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
You see here is the root of the problem.
You can't please all the people all the time.
No matter. The situation dictates.
However, some asshole will refuse to let you over, will be going 20 over and make it dangerous to move over, traffic will be heavy and you can't get over, or some dip**** will be unfamiliar with the local traffic patterns, or be old, or be unable or unwilling to snap react or it's dark and they can't see, or you have someone right on your ass in the slow lane and can't get over in case they finally decide to dart over too, or a road crew
I can go on and on.

It doesn’t appear you answered the question. I totally get what your saying. Plenty of asshats on the road, but I don’t agree that’s the root problem. The root problem for THIS post is people who hang out in the left lane and hold it hostage to others that may want to travel faster than them. If you want to police people, join the force. Speeding is illegal. So is hanging out in the left lane not actively passing other cars.
I’ll go ahead and put you down for “ No, I'll be turning left in another 28 miles so I figured I"d just stay here.”

Feel free to start another post about all the other stupid sh*t people do on the road.

It doesn’t appear you answered the question. I totally get what your saying. Plenty of asshats on the road, but I don’t agree that’s the root problem. The root problem for THIS post is people who hang out in the left lane and hold it hostage to others that may want to travel faster than them. If you want to police people, join the force. Speeding is illegal. So is hanging out in the left lane not actively passing other cars.
I’ll go ahead and put you down for “ No, I'll be turning left in another 28 miles so I figured I"d just stay here.”

Feel free to start another post about all the other stupid sh*t people do on the road.

Slow down cowboy, you are missing the point.
I hardly believe you or any of the other inconsiderate assholes on the road today are talking about the guy on I-85 for 28 miles.
Ha ha ha.
You forget I drive these roads every day for many years.
Nice try though.

What's the fastest legal speed you can do in the left lane?
Does it really matter? If someone is going faster, move over and let them by.
My last trip up I85, there were a lot of drivers that appeared to be doing well over 90 mph.
The improvements in auto and tire technology make this possible without danger. It’s all very simple if you just move the F over when necessary.

Slow down cowboy, you are missing the point.
I hardly believe you or any of the other inconsiderate assholes on the road today are talking about the guy on I-85 for 28 miles.
Ha ha ha.
You forget I drive these roads every day for many years.
Nice try though.

I may still be missing the point. Please help me. I'm speaking to any roads that have more than one lane of traffic going in the same direction. I-85 counts. 285 counts. It looks like we're close to each other. 400 in Dawsonville counts. What am I missing?

Back
Top Bottom