Where to fish and camp

LAKE BURTON, mOCCASSIAN sTATE PART CAMPING AND A CREEK BETWEEN THE CAMPGOUND & THE TROUT HATCHERY AND KIDS UNDER 16, & SENIORS OVER 60 CAN FISH IN THE CREEK AND THE LAKE IS ALSO RIGHT THERE, GREAT SPOT.

The Natives are beautiful! Most of what you will catch out of there will be a "good eatin" size, but every now and then you can catch a whooper. Those trout fight good though, always fun to reel them in.
Agreed! I've caught several up there in the 16-20 inch range but this was truly a monster....I thought it was a large mouth bass at first when I saw it on the stringer. I've seen a lot of big trout but that was by far the biggest. Great little place to escape..

Agreed! I've caught several up there in the 16-20 inch range but this was truly a monster....I thought it was a large mouth bass at first when I saw it on the stringer. I've seen a lot of big trout but that was by far the biggest. Great little place to escape..

I need to head back. I was 9 the first trip my uncle took me up there on. That was back in good ole 1988. That place has changed very much since those days!

Back
Top Bottom