Whats Worng with my babby?

^^ this is correct^^^
In fact you could use 5 yellow D31 Optima batteries (I believe 900cca) all wired In parallel (which would be 4500cca) to jump start a bike without
Frying anything.

it seems that there is a lot of opinion and some well stated facts.
but in the real word,if you jump start a bike with a car YOU WILL DAMAGE THE ELECTRONICS.
most of the damage will be to the stator and reg/rec.
this is not a guess,this is what i do.
please do not jump start your bike with cars.
however if you do please contact me.
Bob Howard
owner
Cyco Riders Cycles
4035 hwy 1941
Sunnyside GA
678-688-1146
p.s.
i will give you a deal on parts as long as you are not one of the "you will be fine,jump it with a car"guys:D
thanks
BOB

but in the real word,if you jump start a bike with a car YOU WILL DAMAGE THE ELECTRONICS.
Bob Howard
owner
Cyco Riders Cycles
4035 hwy 1941
Sunnyside GA
678-688-1146
p.s.
i will give you a deal on parts as long as you are not one of the "you will be fine,jump it with a car"guys:D
thanks
BOB

lol...

Bob, My point on all of this is that a car battery on a car that is not running should not be an issue as it is simply a 12v supply. I can see where a running car with an alternator pushing 14+ volts (on many cars) could damage electronics on something like a motorcycle.

no
i see what you say and it makes sense
but
the starter is a strong motor,it will pull all the amps it can.when the bike starts,and you let off the starter button
it sends a surge thru the system.just for a split second the entire wiring harness get all those amps.
i tends to short out the stator and that in turn will fry the reg/rec.the damage is done.
this does not happen each time,but more often then not.
if you must jump your bike with a car
hook the ground lead to the frame/motor
get a long screwdriver and hook the positive cable to it
turn on the switch--do not hit the starter
make sure the bike is in neutral
touch the screwdriver with the positive lead on it to the starter bolt
and fire up the bike
works better with cruisers than sport bikes
but you do not send the extra amps thru the wiring

Bob Howard
owner
Cyco Riders Cycles
4035 hwy 1941
Sunnyside GA
678-688-1146
p.s.
thanks
BOB

I respect you answer but you are misinformed. I am a MECP advanced tech. I have been repairing electronics and low voltage units for 19 years. I will ride my bike down there with 2k worth of aftermarket electronics and I will let you jump it with 5 car batteries wired in parallel to my ago battery. Whatever "fries" I will gladly let you fix at my expense.

I agree that you should always ground jumper cables to the engine block or starter housing if you can reach it on a car, truck or any vehicle.

never mind
just trying to help
this is something i see 4 or 5 times a year
so in the end you can do as you like
but it is a bad idea to jump a bike with a car.

never mind
just trying to help
this is something i see 4 or 5 times a year
so in the end you can do as you like
but it is a bad idea to jump a bike with a car.

If using a 12v battery (car/bike/any other 12v DC battery) damages a 12v electrical system then something was done to alter the voltage of the battery excessively high or excessively low or there was a problem with the electrical system already. That's simple engineering.

I think its fine to use the car battery, just make sure the car is a Honda too that's probably whats important.......I know a guy who, knows a guy with a bike. :becky:

no
i see what you say and it makes sense
but
the starter is a strong motor,it will pull all the amps it can.when the bike starts,and you let off the starter button
it sends a surge thru the system.just for a split second the entire wiring harness get all those amps.
i tends to short out the stator and that in turn will fry the reg/rec.the damage is done.
this does not happen each time,but more often then not.
if you must jump your bike with a car
hook the ground lead to the frame/motor
get a long screwdriver and hook the positive cable to it
turn on the switch--do not hit the starter
make sure the bike is in neutral
touch the screwdriver with the positive lead on it to the starter bolt
and fire up the bike
works better with cruisers than sport bikes
but you do not send the extra amps thru the wiring

What you are describing is continuity.
for any circuit, fluid or electric, which has multiple branches and parallel elements, flowrate through any cross section must be the same. If there was capacitor in conjunction with the circuit with a non steady current then yes. It would cause problem.

Back
Top Bottom