• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Whats Worng with my babby?

hildrethj01

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
8   0
Reaction score
Here the deal. I don't know if it's because its cold outside and thats whats hurting my bike..But when I first got the bike it never did this. It would turn over right when I pushed the button. Anybody know what it is I would love to hear.

Last edited by a moderator:
CBR? What year? When was the last time you rode it, not started it, but rode it? Also have you tried to hook jumper cables from your car to the bike to see? Looks like the battery is a little weak.

CBR? What year? When was the last time you rode it, not started it, but rode it? Also have you tried to hook jumper cables from your car to the bike to see? Looks like the battery is a little weak.
Its a 06 600rr. Last time I rode it was like 3 weeks ago and I have not tryed a jumper cable yet.

low battery
yes the cold can do that but you probably need a new one.
with your gauges dimming like that and the neutral light going out its definitely low voltage.

low battery
yes the cold can do that but you probably need a new one.
with your gauges dimming like that and the neutral light going out its definitely low voltage.
Thanks good to hear its not something thats going to cost a arm and a leg. I'm a new rider so whats a good brand for a motorcycle battery. A link would be nice :)

This has nothing to do with the low voltage but, based on the length of time to start I would say it's time to clean the pilot jet and run some techron through it.

Last edited:
i own a bike shop in griffin
DO NOT USE A CAR TO JUMP START IT
you can/will burn up the stater and regulator/rectifier.
trun a $60 to $100 battery into about $400 worth of work
you can put it on charge and see what it does,but i am pretty sure it will need a new battery.

you can put it on charge and see what it does,but i am pretty sure it will need a new battery.
Can I take it to autozone and test it?

EXACTLY. NO CAR BATTERY

Buy an automoatic trickle charger. NAPA sells them for motorcycles for cheap

check out the bike master true gels
good long lasting gel battery at a good price
try to avoid the ebay chepo batteries.
check with a local shop(tucker rocky dealer) on it
also you can get them at the auto parts store but most of the time they are low quality

- - - Updated - - -

That bike's carbureted isn't it? I would say it's time to clean the pilot jet and run some techron through it.

nope FI

Back
Top Bottom