• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Whats cookin July 4th

Newly mixed dry rub ready last night.

Two shoulders thawing, 6 slabs of ribs to be dressed tomorrow.

Hickory chunks & charcoal bought Tuesday.

I only have 14 beers in the frig so I'll need to add to that.

Ready to smoke on Friday/Saturday.
Pics coming up when the mac & cheese and baked beans finish off.

BBQ "bone in" meat candy. (butts are resting a bit longer after a 13 hour cook)
20210704_093430.jpg

Woke from they nap.
20210704_094103.jpg

Love it when the bone slides out (NWSS)
20210704_094152.jpg

Here's some of the butt pulled, burnt ends in the side (not everyone likes them).
20210704_105740.jpg

And the baked beans are a little "soupy" right not but will dry up a bit after cooling.
20210704_105747.jpg

This was my last "cook" on the old Charbroiler with Texas fire box. It's given up the ghost after 11 long and productive years. I think I'm about to come over to the Dark Side and join with the pellet smokers and purchase a Recteq RT-700. No more tending the firebox until all hours. Makes me feel old.

Here's some of the butt pulled, burnt ends in the side (not everyone likes them).
View attachment 3339440

And the baked beans are a little "soupy" right not but will dry up a bit after cooling.
View attachment 3339441

This was my last "cook" on the old Charbroiler with Texas fire box. It's given up the ghost after 11 long and productive years. I think I'm about to come over to the Dark Side and join with the pellet smoker and purchase a Recteq RT-700. No more tending the firebox until all hours. Makes me feel old.

RecTec has absolutely spoiled me. My Egg gets very little love since she showed up.
She's watching the fire now...

IMG_2792.PNG

Back
Top Bottom