• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What y’all cooking for Christmas dinner?

Going traditional and simple with a baked ham, sweet potato souffle, and baked macaroni & cheese. Maybe some deviled eggs.
Dessert to be the old Rich’s bakery recipe Chocolate Chess pie.

A few years back we started a new family tradition. Instead of Christmas dinner, which is kind of redundant to Thanksgiving dinner, we now do Christmas Breakfast.

Pancakes.
German Pancakes.
Fancy French Toast.
Eggs a half dozen different ways.
Sausage Links.
Sausage Patties.
Two or three different kinds of Bacon.
Ham
Biscuits and Gravy.
Grits.
Hash Browns.
Several different fresh fruits.
In addition, almost everyone brings something new and different every year.

After breakfast is when everyone gathers around the Tree with good coffee to open gifts.

Crown roast of pork
3D479B61-5A79-42E0-A9D6-90CC83C9C840.jpeg

Tomorrow night after church we’re doing a Honey Baked Ham with a few sides. Christmas Day dinner will be prime rib, mashed potatoes, broccoli with hollandaise sauce, and a salad. I have two 1994 bottles of Caymus Cabernet for the occasion.

Brisket injected, rubbed, and marinated for 24hrs. Just put it on the Recteq now. Plans changed so going to have it for Christmas Eve dinner.

Attachments

• C2C9CF84-FAE1-4EB9-9464-D00ACEA9CDCC.jpeg
    C2C9CF84-FAE1-4EB9-9464-D00ACEA9CDCC.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 68F65672-792E-4CBA-B89D-B2924B1305D4.jpeg
    68F65672-792E-4CBA-B89D-B2924B1305D4.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 9
Sam's pellets are GTG. Been using them in my RecTec for a while and heat and ash are about the same as RecTec brand. Get which ever wood flavor you want and start cooking.

Honey baked ham and turkey breast since the wife is working tomorrow morning. Of course, she gave me a list of what I will be making.

Sam's pellets are GTG. Been using them in my RecTec for a while and heat and ash are about the same as RecTec brand. Get which ever wood flavor you want and start cooking.

Honey baked ham and turkey breast since the wife is working tomorrow morning. Of course, she gave me a list of what I will be making.
Trying them now. I’ve heard good things about them. Tried a few bags of the kingsford but seem to produce a lot of ash and are expensive.

Back
Top Bottom