• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What y’all cooking for Christmas dinner?

Here’s my Prime Rib and Yorkshire Puddings. Everyone was really impressed with the taste.
1D3E1E13-1A30-44FD-81D7-7CD7727DC435.jpeg
9BD3D8F0-F65D-4F98-A94F-CE6D16C79E45.jpeg

Two beautiful slow roasted Wood Ducks off Black Bayou, Rodessa, Louisiana. Stuffed with wild dirty rice mixed with crawfish tails. All cooked slow and low on the Big Green Egg for four hours. Red beans and rice with smoked sausage from Evergreen, Alabama. Squash casserole from Ms. Jennie's kitchen (raised on this stuff). Baked sweet potatoes with melted marshmallows with a deep brown top crust. Nancy's out of this world green beans cooked with a family secret mix. Because it's Jesus's birthday, homemade cranberry salad. Lastly, cornbread cooked in a black iron skillet made with corn grown by ole James Blaylock from Jasper, Georgia. Put a slice of that buttermilk cornbread on your forehead and your tongue will beat you to death trying to get to it. Wash it down with sassafras tea from Aunt Lucille's down around West Monroe, Louisiana. Don't forget Carol's (my wife) chocolate pie and bourbon pecan pie for later.

I sure hope you made enough for 732 visitors from ODT !!!

Merry Christmas

Back
Top Bottom