• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you rather have on you when.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a situation like you are preparing for you will most likely get only two rounds off before they are on you.....at most......if you're lucky. They better be powerful enough to do the job.

Folks, it's just amazing how hard it is to kill an adrenalin filled and pissed off animal (with four legs or two). I have seen this personally. Three good hits from a 375 RUM (more powerful than a 458 LOTT) and 15 minutes from the first hit to dead on the ground for a buff. A solid heart lung hit on a charging 415lb hog with a 180 grain bullet from a 300WSM and all it did was deflect the charge just enough to keep him from taking me out. He literally passed at full speed within arms reach.

Use enough gun.

I'm going with my 6' S&W 629.
First 2 rounds are 240 gr jacketed soft points,
3rd and 4th round are snake shot shells,
5th and 6th are 240 gr jacketed soft points.

If it's anything but the snake, shoot it with the bullets, if it's a killer snake that you just cannot get away from, cock the hammer 3 times and shoot it with the snake shot.

Buy some hard cast for the nastys.

Garrett's 310 Grainers
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_06_5e3ure8y.jpg

Buffalo Bore
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_06_mytutube.jpg

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=48

I guess I should had said back the hammer then let it down (1st time), then back the hammer and let it down (2nd time), then back the hammer (3rd time), now you have a snake shot under the hammer
I assumed that is what you meant but if it's a "killer snake that you can't get away from".... it's getting whatever is under the hammer as I'm probably not calm enough for 2 safe loaded cylinder advancements. Your experience may vary. :cool:

:confused: A charging 800lb grizzly? Gonna have to disagree with you on that one. :D

Not that the OP has to worry about that here, but if you had an 800 lb grizzly charging you and close enough to hit with your HK, you're probably going to die before it does.
Yeah, cause I would stand there and taunt it and wait for it to charge and get close before firing... might as well be carrying a .50bmg if I don't use it :rolleyes:
Funny how setting and adjusting the rules produces these "scenarios"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom