• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you rather have on you when.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delete

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
2   0
Reaction score
I read through some of the last pages of posts before starting this thread but didn't find quite what I was looking for.

The Situation: So you're tromping through the woods with your 5 year old daughter by your side lookin for wabbit carrying a .22 rifle when all of a sudden something doesn't feel right, and then you hear a rustle in the brush!!!

Not knowing if its a 400lb boar, angry mama bear, a pissed off 15 ft cottonmouth, a drugged up 2 legged predators, or even a few time warped British soldiers from 1775, you reach down for your hand gun and you draw:

A) Taurus Raging Judge (.454 casull)
B) .44 mag
C) .357 mag

I really am struggling (since I'm new to hunting in GA) which would be the best option in the woods. All 3 could be loaded with a combo of rounds to be effective for all of the above situations. If I've missed something feel free to throw that in as well. I really like to keep my hands free, especially with my kids along, so I am shying away from a long gun.

D) I have 2 hands, so I'd reach for my HK USP Compact 357sig and my HK P2000SK 357sig; each loaded with 15rds of Underwood ammo....could be a 800lb grizzly and it's going down

I read through some of the last pages of posts before starting this thread but didn't find quite what I was looking for.

The Situation: So you're tromping through the woods with your 5 year old daughter by your side lookin for wabbit carrying a .22 rifle when all of a sudden something doesn't feel right, and then you hear a rustle in the brush!!!

Not knowing if its a 400lb boar, angry mama bear, a pissed off 15 ft cottonmouth, a drugged up 2 legged predators, or even a few time warped British soldiers from 1775, you reach down for your hand gun and you draw:

A) Taurus Raging Judge (.454 casull)
B) .44 mag
C) .357 mag

I really am struggling (since I'm new to hunting in GA) which would be the best option in the woods. All 3 could be loaded with a combo of rounds to be effective for all of the above situations. If I've missed something feel free to throw that in as well. I really like to keep my hands free, especially with my kids along, so I am shying away from a long gun.

Since you would be in GA., as your post says, go with the 44 mag..........

Really, we do not have too many Grizz in GA., if at all??

Take the 44 mag...if any of the things of the sort described comes at you, trust me, you won't even notice the weight, the noise or the recoil.

Thx all. Stumbled across a nice Ruger in .357 in my LGS. Used, but everything locked up nice and tight. Wasn't sure if I REALLY needed to step up to a .44 mag. .38 is a much cheaper for training vs the .44 spl. At least, till I can get started on hand loading. Was hoping that the general consensus would be that a .357 would be enough for a 300lb wild animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom