• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you rather have on you when.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
.357 or .44 I prefer the .357 myself just due to be cheaper to shoot and with heavy loads I feel comfortable with anything in Georgia

I like the 44 mag, but 357 should work. There's a Ruger SP101 357 w-4" barrel that looks like a perfect Georgia woods carry. Or a S&W 66 would be cool.

454 is just overkill in Georgia, but dead is dead.

Given your options, I would choose: 357 mag of the 7 or 8 round variety. Last two rounds with shot for snakes and a couple speedloaders ready to go. Good luck with your decision!

Let's see, a charging 350lb wild pig or a pissed off Mama bear? The more the better! 454 for the win. After all, you want to stop the charge, not just piss them off more.

You are talking about having a "Stopping Weapon" with you. A 375 H&H is a fine rifle to kill elephant with, but you won't find a single PH that carries one as a Stopping Weapon in case things go wrong. Most will have a 470 NE as a minimum.

Last edited:
D) I have 2 hands, so I'd reach for my HK USP Compact 357sig and my HK P2000SK 357sig; each loaded with 15rds of Underwood ammo....could be a 800lb grizzly and it's going down

:confused: A charging 800lb grizzly? Gonna have to disagree with you on that one. :D

Not that the OP has to worry about that here, but if you had an 800 lb grizzly charging you and close enough to hit with your HK, you're probably going to die before it does.

D) I have 2 hands, so I'd reach for my HK USP Compact 357sig and my HK P2000SK 357sig; each loaded with 15rds of Underwood ammo....could be a 800lb grizzly and it's going down

Yep, I'm sure that Grizz will pose nicely for you as you pump 30 rounds into it. LMAO!

I'm going with my 6' S&W 629.
First 2 rounds are 240 gr jacketed soft points,
3rd and 4th round are snake shot shells,
5th and 6th are 240 gr jacketed soft points.

If it's anything but the snake, shoot it with the bullets, if it's a killer snake that you just cannot get away from, cock the hammer 3 times and shoot it with the snake shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom