• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to do in a situation...

This. Just happened to me a few weeks ago. When I ignored a greeting from homeless man as he passed me on strip shopping mall sidewalk, he turned and stated "I'm going to f... You up!". My response? I placed my hand on Bodyguard in pocket, but never brandished and walked quickly to my car leaving the shopping center The result? He followed me across the street to BP. At that point, informed store manager what had happened. She told me how nice he was and went out to speak to him. He left the store area She said he was having a bad day.

He was nuts.

Well, from what happened to you it seems like you would have been justified to pull your gun seeing that the guy said he "was gonna **** you up" and started following you..........

I've been in nearly this situation once. I pulled back my jacket and put my hand on the grip of my CC, but never drew. Just the motion produced the desired effect...and I had already backed away far enough to give myself room to draw before they could get to me. I don't know what these two guys were on...drunk, high, whatever. They were getting more and more hostile because neither me nor my buddy would give them any money. (This particular friend doesn't carry.) It was 2 on 2...but at the time, the dudes were giving me the definite impression that the situation was about to escalate.

I don't eat at the restaurant that this happened in front of any more either. It's not in a bad area...but I have heard of this happening to some of my neighbors as well. I'd just rather not be in that situation again.

This. Just happened to me a few weeks ago. When I ignored a greeting from homeless man as he passed me on strip shopping mall sidewalk, he turned and stated "I'm going to f... You up!".
I would have giggled and said "only if you buy me dinner first hotness" and then blown him a kiss. Then I probably would have had to shoot him. ;)

I've been in nearly this situation once. I pulled back my jacket and put my hand on the grip of my CC, but never drew. Just the motion produced the desired effect...and I had already backed away far enough to give myself room to draw before they could get to me. I don't know what these two guys were on...drunk, high, whatever. They were getting more and more hostile because neither me nor my buddy would give them any money. (This particular friend doesn't carry.) It was 2 on 2...but at the time, the dudes were giving me the definite impression that the situation was about to escalate.

I don't eat at the restaurant that this happened in front of any more either. It's not in a bad area...but I have heard of this happening to some of my neighbors as well. I'd just rather not be in that situation again.

I would go more along this approach. If I draw my weapon and point it at you, my mind is made up and several rounds of .40 JHP are inbound. That being said, I feel it to be my responsibility as a responsible gun owner to do everything to keep that from happening. I would try to get away, draw attention to the scene to discourage their actions, anything I could think of to deescalate the situation. But, I would have my hand on my weapon the entire time.

In the situation you describe, I would try and avoid a confrontation and escape. If I was trapped and they both are coming at me its game on with hand to hand. If they are getting the best of me a blade comes out and its gonna get messy. As a last resort only would I ever draw and fire.
I appreciate your confidence in your personal abilities, but with the situation as described, I believe I would introduce them to my 1911 and let them decide the outcome .

BAHAHAHA, I read online somewhere today that the other people injured there were all injured by the police and not the gunman. Don't know if its true or not, but holy bejoobles batman.
Yes sir. The only person with the gunmans bullets in him was the man he shot 5 times killing him instantly. His 7 shot 45 had two bullets in it when they killed him. You do the math.

Back
Top Bottom