• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to do in a situation...

In the situation you describe, I would try and avoid a confrontation and escape. If I was trapped and they both are coming at me its game on with hand to hand. If they are getting the best of me a blade comes out and its gonna get messy. As a last resort only would I ever draw and fire.

In my experience, I drew on the guy, didn't fire, problem solved. I knew something was wrong with him, wither drugs or mental problem. If there are two men acting hostile there is a big difference in force and I believe it is arguable that even though unarmed the difference in 2 on 1 would justify deadly force. I believe the intoxication an eradict behavior would aid your case as well.

This. 2 people against 1, even if the 2 by themselves are smaller than the single person, can do grave harm rather easily. All it takes is a good shot to the back of your head to make you dang near a vegetable for the rest of your life.

Brandish and if they keep coming then let them have it. I seriously doubt somebody is going to be able to draw a weapon in the middle of a fist fight with two people. If you wait and let it get that far then one of the bad guys will likely end up with your weapon and not you.

This. 2 people against 1, even if the 2 by themselves are smaller than the single person, can do grave harm rather easily. All it takes is a good shot to the back of your head to make you dang near a vegetable for the rest of your life.

Brandish and if they keep coming then let them have it. I seriously doubt somebody is going to be able to draw a weapon in the middle of a fist fight with two people. If you wait and let it get that far then one of the bad guys will likely end up with your weapon and not you.

The court refers to this as 'disparity of force".

As most of you know this is what I teach for a living & have done so as a full-time occupation for the past 4 years.

If you cannot reasonably "de-escalate", & you are in "fear for your life against loss of life or grave bodily harm" then deadly force may be used.

I would start chanting "Obama, Obama". Either they would join in with me and after we would have a good laugh making fun of republicans and Christians, or they would immediately realize I am too stupid to have anything worth stealing.

Say it with me......Obama, Obama, Obama!

It could work. ;)

I would start chanting "Obama, Obama". Either they would join in with me and after we would have a good laugh making fun of republicans and Christians, or they would immediately realize I am too stupid to have anything worth stealing.

Say it with me......Obama, Obama, Obama!

It could work. ;)

If you take your strategy and combine it with the fetal position strategy, you would be unstoppable!

If your life is not at risk, walk away quickly. Brandishing a weapon when you are not at risk will not serve you in the long run.

This. Just happened to me a few weeks ago. When I ignored a greeting from homeless man as he passed me on strip shopping mall sidewalk, he turned and stated "I'm going to f... You up!". My response? I placed my hand on Bodyguard in pocket, but never brandished and walked quickly to my car leaving the shopping center The result? He followed me across the street to BP. At that point, informed store manager what had happened. She told me how nice he was and went out to speak to him. He left the store area She said he was having a bad day.

He was nuts.

There are levels of force one can employ that vary from loud strong words. Halt or stop, to presenting a firearm in low ready (this often deters but the most insistent of folks with bad intent) to drawing a sight picture on the most threating individual. We all need to heed that at 10 feet another man can have a knife in your chest before most can clear leather and fire their weapon.

There are nuances to every potentially encounter and no two are exactly the same. Be aware of your surroundings, cover, concealment, ambush/choke points and avenues of approach. Access the risk and use good judgment while using the minimum amount of force to deter the threat up to and including lethal force. Be competent with a chosen firearm and it will lend itself well if ever needed.

"Disparity of force" is the buzz word to a self-defense case and 2 men against one meets the criteria. If given no other choice shoot them if they fail to heed warnings (if able) and pose an immediate deadly threat. If that fails balling up and flailing around like a ten year old girl while chanting Obummer, Obummer might be a viable option.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom