• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What suppressed rifle are you going to hunt with this year?

Rainier 10.5" select 300 blackout barrel with 110 grain VOR-TX. I don't know about the 1:8.5 twist for subsonic but should work great for supers. Got to change my rail out, a Midwest Industries 10.5" Key Mod rail and a 10.5" barrel doesn't work with a suppressor. :doh:

I'm just waiting for the efile to stay up long enough for Quiet Riot to get my paperwork in for my Specwar 7.62.
The specwar mount brought the suppressor out a little more on my set up, so it may still work for you.

Also give the 180gr Gemtech subs a try, they are shorter than the 200gr+ subs

The specwar mount brought the suppressor out a little more on my set up, so it may still work for you.

Also give the 180gr Gemtech subs a try, they are shorter than the 200gr+ subs

Sadly no. Even with the mount on it now the rail is still about 3/8" too long. I guess I could shim but I don't want to run the chance of problems.

Governor Deal has not signed HB60! It is NOT law yet!! Don't go screwing that can on yet!! Personally, I LIKE the big BANG!!!!!! I don't need not stinking suppressor!!! :fear::fear::fear::crazy::crazy::crazy:

In addition, ANY rimfire cartridge is illegal for hunting deer in Georgia!!

Last edited:
Governor Deal has not signed HB60! It is NOT law yet!! Don't go screwing that can on yet!! Personally, I LIKE the big BANG!!!!!! I don't need not stinking suppressor!!! :fear::fear::fear::crazy::crazy::crazy:

In addition, ANY rimfire cartridge is illegal for hunting deer in Georgia!!
You wouldn't have to yell if you had a suppressor instead of those big bangs

ill be using my 700 's in .308 and 300 BLK and 8.2 inch 300 BLK sbr. Bolt action .22 with a can on squirrels

Last edited:
The 44mag supersonic really isn't bad. But what about the terminal ballistics of a 300gr at 1000fps? Is it humane to use?

I've heard good stuff about Lehigh's 194gr Subsonic Maximum Expansion ammo. Seems it would do about what a bowhunters broadhead would do. I don't know if I would chance it but a neat option none the less.

308MaxExp200grSub-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom