• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What role does .357 caliber play?

paisa777

Default rank <50 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
So I've been on the fence about getting a G27 for summer carry. Of course one of the bonuses of getting it is that you can drop different barrels in it to shoot 9mm or .357. I think started thinking of what the benefits of shooting .357 are. The .40mm would be the SD round, the 9mm would be for target practice. What role is there for the .357 to fill? Just wondering if buying the extra barrel would be worth it. please enlighten me, friends.

I don't know what "role" 357 sig plays but have you ever been in an indoor range when someone shoots it? It has, by FAR, a louder boom and stronger shockwave than 9mm, 40 and 45. I couldn't believe it. Makes me want to get a gun that shoots it (or 10mm :evil: )

I don't know what "role" 357 sig plays but have you ever been in an indoor range when someone shoots it? It has, by FAR, a louder boom and stronger shockwave than 9mm, 40 and 45. I couldn't believe it. Makes me want to get a gun that shoots it (or 10mm :evil: )

LOL, I had a OD Glock 31 and I thought it would be smart to sell it and get a 31C. I now always double up on hearing protection when shooting that thing.

Kill them with the bullet or fireball :)

I don't know what "role" 357 sig plays but have you ever been in an indoor range when someone shoots it? It has, by FAR, a louder boom and stronger shockwave than 9mm, 40 and 45. I couldn't believe it. ..

Exactly. That's why I take my 357 to the range every time. I get it out and shoot a few rounds to wake everyone else up. Heads pop out at the first shot!

Back
Top Bottom