• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What kind of cigar do you enjoy??

What do you guys recommend for some "new" to cigars?

I have smoked a good many over the years, but they were always ones given to me when at functions or someone's house, and I cant remember any names of them.

I have a Cigar shop not even a mile from my house, Lola Cigars in Griffin by the ingles.

I might go pick one up tomorrow if you guys lead me into something that's a good basic one. And can you give me a rough idea of price so when I go in I will know what I'm looking at.

I know they also roll their on line of cigars there but I know nothing of the quality or price of them. They have meets every so often with a good bit of people and it looks like a nice fun relaxing time. (I'm usually going in the subway beside it...lol)

First thing you have to figure out is whether you like a mild/medium/full bodied cigar. Macanudo is a mild cigar. The opposite end of the spectrum would be an Oliva "V".

Ask the guy at your cigar shop for his recommendation for one of each. Start with the mild cigar. Try the medium the next day. Finish off with the full-bodied cigar. Make up your mind and go from there. I like each depending on the situation.

I usually order cigars from Cigars International. They have a great line of "knock-offs" that won't break the bank but are good daily smokers.

Good luck!

Well on recommendation of the lady there I got a Olivia Connecticut Reserve Robusto 5x50....

Almost done with it, it has a very smooth taste, although I will probably go with a smaller one next time as this is a little much for my taste and time I have to enjoy it...goes pretty good with my black coffee....I might try out some of his hand rolled ones next....I dont know.

I like a lot of different smokes. I do enjoy an RP Vintage 1992 torpedo....of course the Royal Vintage are actually pretty good too. I haven't had a 15th Anniversary yet, but I have one in the humidor for one of these days soon.

As for normal everyday good burn, I like the Park Avenue 44 Maduro Torpedo. They taste good, have a good burn length for me, and a nice price. About 60 a box or so.

I alo think one of the better I have had recently is a Ghurka Status Maduro

I thoroughly enjoy the Cain Series as well as their original line of NUB's by Sam Leccia. I also am a big fan of the Olivia Series V and G cigars. BTW...I have a good friend who is a cigar rep that has filled my humidor so full, I'll never get through them all. I may have to bring them to the next meetup to shrink my lot.

Oh and if you want to smoke one of the best cigars you'll ever smoke in your life? Get your hands on a God of Fire. ...it's like smoking sex.

CI is a great site! They also have a lot of great samplers so you can try a little bit of everything. I do recomend a site though. If you go on cigarsprintsale.com (part of the cigar.com site) you can get some great deals. The price just keeps winding down until someone buys it but I have grabbed some great 10 packs, humidors, and other stuff from there.....definitely advise giving the site a shot.

Back
Top Bottom