• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I had no idea you could order chickens online.

We usually give a bunch of chicks away in the spring, chicken math is real, and you can get over-run :D

Our barnyard mixes look pretty cool, we have a rooster that is half Silkie that bred all kinds of Wyandottes, Australorps, RIR, Sapphire Blue Plymouths.. so we have some blue chickens with full afros, some spotty ones with fuzzy feet, Black ones with the full 'fro.. it's like a full on genetic experiment around these parts.
I’d like to see pics, lol.

iu

Sorry, couldn't help it...

Keeping the water clean was the biggest challenge for a while. I tried a bunch of different setups and finally hit pay dirt with these nozzles.

Attachments

• IMG_0861.jpeg
    IMG_0861.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0430.jpeg
    IMG_0430.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0809.jpeg
    IMG_0809.jpeg
    352.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0810.jpeg
    IMG_0810.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 30
We bought 10 Rhode Island reds from our local Ace Hardware this past March. We raised them in a small enclosure with a brooding plate. They have done great. We built them a deluxe chicken coup/run and the wife says we have happy chickens. It is completely predator proof and watering and feeding needs are efficient, so that they are almost self sustaining for up to three weeks. Eggs collect in a slanted egg containment area. It was a lot of work building the chicken palace, but they are a lot of fun, and produce so many eggs, that we give most of them away.

Attachments

• 20230402_183144.jpg
    20230402_183144.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 25
As mentioned earlier, chicken math is real. We started with 6, four years ago and now have 45 hens and 2 roosters (for protection only) we started pure breeds but now have a barnyard mix that includes most except for giants.

They’re actually very intelligent animals, they each have their own personalities and follow us around the farm like dogs. All but the newest 4 have names… we’re working on those now.

Back
Top Bottom