• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is your opinion on 40 cal.

I've been trying to score a 1911 in .40 S&W. Came close a couple times, but just haven't gotten there.

Own multiple Ruger P-Series in .40, and my only remaining Glocks are both in .40 (23 and 27). Had an S&W Sigma in .40, but sold it off for something else.

Also own and like all my 9mm, .45 ACP, 10mm, 32 ACP, and 380 pistols.

I like .40 it'll kill something dead just like 9mm, .45 acp, .357 sig etc... but recently I went to owning all 9mm handguns for 2 reasons 1 being that I'm issued 9mm so I like to be as familiar with the round that I'm issued and 2 it's cheap to shoot. Only draw back is .40 has heavier recoil than 9mm so some folks have problems getting an accurate second shot off quick. That's just my 2 cents though.

I much prefer the .40 over 9mm. Only reason I shoot 9mm is the ammo is cheap. I still prefer and use .357 sig over any of them.

I run a FNX 40 with DT 155grs that are just under 357sig specs. I like the fact a "Fourtay" can be great for SD as well as a trail hiking side arm. For that I got the BB 200 gr hard cast.
For what's it worth I also carry a slim single stack 9 as my EDC, and would not want to get hit with either one of them

I hate it, unconditionally, so everyone please post all your old, useless, no good for nothing ammo up for sale. And, while you're at it, throw those similarly useless handguns up for sale, and flood the market too. Yep, that's what I think YOU all should do with that absolutely pathetic waste of a caliber.

Back
Top Bottom