• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is your opinion on 40 cal.

I use it and like it a lot. It's more expensive, and harder to find, but it's the caliber I chose when Glock came out with the model 22 (I believe it was the 22 first). I have had 9 mm's in the past, but sold them to consolidate. I feel totally comfortable in its man stopping potential.

.40 is easier than anything else to find for me. I never have trouble finding it, and it was the only thing I could find during the panic two years ago.

I prefer .40 in my full-size pistols and my HD pistol. For small, concealed carry I like 9mm.

This. I carry a G22 full size in .40 and my G26 for CC.

Just never got into it.

And I don't need another caliber to stock up for.

But in NO WAY would I ever want to be shot by one!

I carry a G23 as my regular CW, and am happy with it at the range. The groups are not as tight as my Kimber 9mm that I use occasionally as my "fancy CW," but it will do at 15 to 30 feet. That covers almost 100% of the encounters I may have. Don't feed the G23 cheap reloads though, it'll stovepipe in a heartbeat.

.40 is a LOT cheaper than 9mm if you know how to play the trade game. I trade for G22s and G23s all the time that come with ammo (people try it and either hate it or drink the hater koolaid)..Then I sell off the G22s and G23s and keep the ammo. I have stock piled a total of about 4000 rounds of .40, mostly hollow points...and I have never purchased a box of .40.

40 all the way!

Glock 27 IWB for warmer months

Glock 23 OWB for cooler months

Glock 22 for HD

I always get a good laugh at the folks that say "with modern technology, the 9mm can provide performance at the 40 S&W level".... What, they think the 40 doesn't acquire the same "technology?"

Go shoot at heavy barriers or longer distances. The results speak for themselves. See how many sheets of drywall or windshield a 9mm will penetration vs a 40. I'll take the higher velocity, fork out a little more cash to train, and be confident in my superior abilities with my 40 over carrying a 9.

Back
Top Bottom