• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is your opinion on 40 cal.

Old Goat

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
31   0
Reaction score
I own (2) 40 cal pistols one is a Glock 23 and the other is a Beretta 96 which I have owned for over 2 years now and have never put a round through it. I prefer the 357 sig over the 40. I hear a lot of Police departments and Federal agencies are changing back to 9mm. Just asking what your opinion is on the 40 and why you like or dislike that caliber and do you use it as your concealed carry. Just curious.

I use it and like it a lot. It's more expensive, and harder to find, but it's the caliber I chose when Glock came out with the model 22 (I believe it was the 22 first). I have had 9 mm's in the past, but sold them to consolidate. I feel totally comfortable in its man stopping potential.

I own (2) 40 cal pistols one is a Glock 23 and the other is a Beretta 96 which I have owned for over 2 years now and have never put a round through it. I prefer the 357 sig over the 40. I hear a lot of Police departments and Federal agencies are changing back to 9mm. Just asking what your opinion is on the 40 and why you like or dislike that caliber and do you use it as your concealed carry. Just curious.

I like the 40. I like your avatar as well. BOOTY.

Not a hater, I have a .40. I'm just more comfortable and accurate with a 9mm, and that's the most important factor for me. With the recent advancements in bullet technology, the 9mm packs more punch than it used to. It's easier to carry and conceal, and it holds more rounds in the same size mags, which is good when I'm carrying extra mags. The 9mm ammo is also easier on the wallet at the range. To each his own.

Every Glock I own or will own is in .40 or ..357 Sig. If I want to shoot 9mm I just drop in a conversion barrel. What I can't decide is which I like more between .40& .357.

Back
Top Bottom