• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What is the worst deal you have ever seen on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some guy was trying to give away a used hacksaw once.....
Whoa. Wait just a doggone minute. That was me.....

It might have been used, but it also had some patina. And had quite a handsome stippling job.
And I just might happen to have another one somewhere. For the right price or trade.

Worst deal? Nope
Deal 'O' the Day? You better believe it!

P.S. WallsGa WallsGa : Hope you're staying healthy and doing well!

How about the $1200 draco ak’s. I bought one for $400 a few years back.

I bought a new Mak-90 for $229 many years ago as well. Does that mean it is bad deal for double the price? Markets fluctuate. Imported firearms and ammo are affected by politics as well as the panics created by various events.

Worse deals here are the ones where the item mysteriously gains value when it is traded vs cash. WTF ? $500 cash value means it is a $900 trade value.

Worse deals here are the ones where the item mysteriously gains value when it is traded vs cash. WTF ? $500 cash value means it is a $900 trade value.

cash is king, seller can buy whatever with the 500, the 900 trade shows he'd rather get the cash, if his takes a 900 trade, he limits his opportunities. Your gun maybe worth 900 but he may only want to have 500 or so in it, when it comes time to unload that firearms, will it be easier for him to get the 500 his needs/wants or the full value of the 900 gun? Its really not a hard concept. Most gun shops operate like this. I can't see I've see any posts with trade values that much above cash values like you mentioned...usually most are within 20% of each other.

And then throw in the folks wanting what they paid new for their now used gun, asking a little more in trade value combats when they come to you to trade.

cash is king, seller can buy whatever with the 500, the 900 trade shows he'd rather get the cash, if his takes a 900 trade, he limits his opportunities. Your gun maybe worth 900 but he may only want to have 500 or so in it, when it comes time to unload that firearms, will it be easier for him to get the 500 his needs/wants or the full value of the 900 gun? Its really not a hard concept. Most gun shops operate like this. I can't see I've see any posts with trade values that much above cash values like you mentioned...usually most are within 20% of each other.

I have worked in 3 different gun shops. None of them ever raised the price when the customer wanted to trade. The shop will put a value on the customers trade item and the customer has to decide if that works for him. I have never seen a shop say that 870 is $400 sale and $500 trade. That is just pants on the head foolish. Trading or cash does not change the value of what you are selling. Why not just put no trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom