• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

Does this Glock come in silver? I like the silver look.

After the clerk stated they don't come in stainless, he showed him a Taurus...lol
He was showing him a silver gun in that price range but to go straight to a Taurus was a little stupid. However I am going to buy a PT1911 and replace all the internals with Wilson Combat parts. It will be the worlds greatest Taurus. LOL I did that with one of other 1911's and it turned that great gun into a piece of art.

He was showing him a silver gun in that price range but to go straight to a Taurus was a little stupid. However I am going to buy a PT1911 and replace all the internals with Wilson Combat parts. It will be the worlds greatest Taurus. LOL I did that with one of other 1911's and it turned that great gun into a piece of art.

I figured it was an easier sell since the guy didn't seem well funded & didn't know much about guns other than the word Glock.

I was tempted to build up a 1911 years ago but gave up when I priced all the parts I wanted to put into it. It was just easier to buy it built , ended up picking up an older S&W 1911 PC for a steal of a price. Sweetest shooting gun I own.

I figured it was an easier sell since the guy didn't seem well funded & didn't know much about guns other than the word Glock.

I was tempted to build up a 1911 years ago but gave up when I priced all the parts I wanted to put into it. It was just easier to buy it built , ended up picking up an older S&W 1911 PC for a steal of a price. Sweetest shooting gun I own.
Yes they are expensive. I was going to do a complete build but I did the same figured up the price of all the parts and that was over as quick as I could work the calculator. So buying a Taurus is actually and upgrading it is 1/4 the price. Plus you get the stainless steel slide and frame. Oddly enough the slide to frame fit on the PT1911 is actually pretty darn good. I should be able to get a low round second hand one on the cheap so that makes it doable. I bought a Remington R1 Hunter. It's a 6 inch long slide in 10mm for 1.300 bucks. I replaced most of the parts with Wilson Combat parts. I just have a few to go and it will be all Wilson inside and outside. All but the slide and frame.

In a PM:

"Would you be interested in trading the Glock you've got listed for a really sweet Rossi and $100?"
If it is an Alexandria Arms Rossi I would be a possibly be a player on that deal. They are good guns. Taurus got a hold of them and screwed that good gun all to hell. My Alexandria Arms Rossi is one of the sweetest shooting 357's I have ever had the joy of shooting. I wouldn't part with that gun for no amount of money. Plus I got it after my father passed. It was the only gun me and him picked out together. I was at a shop in Roswell Alpharetta area back in the early nineties I believe. As far as Taurus goes the PT1911 is only attractive because it's a 1911 but they are a decent base to rebuild with Wilson Combat parts and make a so so gun feel and shoot like a higher end job. The only thing left of Taurus would be the frame and slide, barrel and bushing. I and I might change those out if needed. I like the fact it has no relieves cuts in the cylinder.

Attachments

• 20170708_170953.jpg
    20170708_170953.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 34
Went to a gun store/range that had several pistols for rent. I wanted to let my wife try several so she could feel comfortable picking her EDC. She wanted to try a 22mag pistol as well as a couple of 9mm and 380's. I don't like the idea of the 22mag, but wanted her to make the decision. The guy behind the counter told her if she wasn't going to carry a 9mm, she might as well go without. Yea... No rental or sale that day. I have not seen him there since.

Went to a gun store/range that had several pistols for rent. I wanted to let my wife try several so she could feel comfortable picking her EDC. She wanted to try a 22mag pistol as well as a couple of 9mm and 380's. I don't like the idea of the 22mag, but wanted her to make the decision. The guy behind the counter told her if she wasn't going to carry a 9mm, she might as well go without. Yea... No rental or sale that day. I have not seen him there since.
That makes perfect sense.:noidea: I can't believe the quality of employee people let loose behind a gun counter not just a gun counter just a retail counter in general. Especially when the business's livelihood is directly effected by them. It boggs the human mind. A half way smart one that is.

I was in a gun shop today after shooting Sporting Clays and there's this Black couple looking at a pistol, the women was holding the gun holding it up to her eye looking down the business end of barrel. :wacko:

Recently at the local gun store I heard a woman looking to buy a .380 pocket pistol to protect her dog against a possible coyote attack. But, then the guy behind the counter said "oh yeah this little .380 (Ruger LCP) would be a perfect coyote defense gun. No way would I let my dog out against a pack of 5 or 6 coyotes at a time, that's how they roll. That way you would have one shot for every coyote plus one left over." This seemed to "seal the deal" for that lady.

Back
Top Bottom