• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the best carry cartridge?

You use your words well. I am impressed and I agree. We are blessed in the modern age of watching people and their reaction to surprise ambushes and counter ambushes with the popularity of video surveillance. THe FIBS and FIBSA factor quoted by the active self protection guy seems to be strong determining factor in who will win in most situations. People rarely spend a lot of time working on time to first shot from a surprise encounter. From watching videos that and preparing for the first shot without drawing attention seems to be the best life preserving skills.

The quicker you end the fight, the less shot you’ll get.

For me it depends on the perp, I carry up to 5 pistols in various calibers and various places. It’s downside is the amount of time it takes to determine witch to use. Therefore I use a flow chart.

The best carry cartridge is a new one I'll invent called the .20 FastFifth
Caliber .20, or one-fifth of an inch.
20 grain bullet, 20 mm case length.
4000 fps velocity.
400 foot-pounds energy.
.400 Ballistic Coefficient (a bullet coating of melted fairy dust makes this possible)
Splatters watermelons covered by soft body armor at 100 yards.
Chuck Hawks will go on safari with a .20 FastFifth pistol and use one to finish off a wounded cape buffalo with a chest shot. "Shredding" both lungs and shattering a rib on the way in, he will write.
Almost no recoil (thanks to very light bullet mass).
Small enough to fit 20 rounds in a medium-sized concealed carry pistol.
Oh, and costs 10 cents per round if you join my membership buyer's club for only $30 per year.

For me it depends on the perp, I carry up to 5 pistols in various calibers and various places. It’s downside is the amount of time it takes to determine witch to use. Therefore I use a flow chart.
You should give the individual you are shooting an option on their preference.

Just look at the empty brass laying on ranges and from classes. But the BIG ELEPHANT in the room is the fact that all these brands and calibers are engineered to perform at the same specs.

Back
Top Bottom