What is a good holster

clevesque1118

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I have several 1911's and I just bought a taurus to be my carry gun, what is a really good holster that is comfortable and would be nice if it could hold my extra mag. Would like one that I could fit to my kimbers and springfield too.

I have several 1911's and I just bought a taurus to be my carry gun, what is a really good holster that is comfortable and would be nice if it could hold my extra mag. Would like one that I could fit to my kimbers and springfield too.

You just have so many choices for a 1911. Have decided if you want to it to go inside your pants or outside? If your 3 1911's are full size then a full size 1911 holster should fit all three. Are you on a budget? Do you prefer leather or synthetic materials?

Given the choices of materials I went with good old leather. I have both inside and outside holsters. For more money you can get the inside lined but none of mine are. Make sure if it has a retention strap that it can be used on a cocked and locked pistol (condition one). Why any gun leather maker today would make a strap that won't work on a cocked and locked 1911 is beyond me?

iu have an andrews custom leather holster for 5" 1911. i doesnt hold an extra mag but i could work you out a sweet deal if your interested.

i love my versa max II, but if you are going to carry a lot (like any red-blooded American should) a crossbreed supertuck is excellent. just make sure you get the combat cut.

Back
Top Bottom