• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you reloaded today?

Forgot about Mother’s Day! No testing today, but I did prep and prime 500 of 300 bo cases. Just need a little testing and I’m ready to drop powder and bullets! I only have 3000 more bo cases to prep lol!

446A78BA-1776-46C6-8878-3D1D3C670886.jpeg

American Reloading came through with some Sierra 124gr JHP new production bullets yesterday. They made a mistake on one of my orders a little while back and issued 750 count of these on the house.

I am pleased and will continue to recommend them to all for components

13791FF5-4AA1-46BD-B384-D3EF4C35EB95.jpeg

Man, they printed my label 4 days ago for 2k 150gr .308 SP's and 1k 147gr FMJ's but haven't shipped.. I sent them an email telling them to combine orders and add any extra bullets they felt like :) they responded with a thank you and hell yeah.. we shall see. I've never had one single issue with them, I always get extras.. but then again I could've bought a Ski boat with the amount of money I've spent with them..

It's funny those V-CROWNS popped up on AR right around when I posted here about the best retail price I've seen them for. From all that I've read, Sig Sauer has some of the strictest standards when it comes to ammo (compared to say Fed, Rem, Win).. which is funny that they'd put out a gun that shoots people by itself!

do you use the Frankfort arsenal more or the charge master?

I like the powder calibration feature of the Arsenal and it throws more consistent to the target weight. I really like both equally and I’m checking the charges with a balance scale occasionally. They really speed things up!

Testing some new Sierra 124gr JHP Sportsmasters (which are not listed on Sierra’s digital app yet)

Using V Crown data but adjusted OAL to be a bit longer based on my plunk tests @ 1.120, loaded a few a bit deeper just to check and see if they all sing. Tomorrow after dinner we shall see!

CCI 500, 5 grains of CFE Pistol, all mixed HS range pickups.

BAF1B003-8EF8-4600-B9D7-F9E0B4261DBC.jpeg

This was Tuesday.. just now have time to post.

Made some gas checks for the damned MP 311-410's..
checkyoself.jpg

Got the bright idea to play with some chemicals and powder coat..
mixer.jpg

Some people on the castboolit forums call it the "piglet method" applying powder coat with acetone much like you would Hi-Tek Supercoat..
coating.jpg

Well I'm glad I only spent a few dollars at Dollar Tree.. They turned out looking like dog$hit after 5 coats.
dog****.jpg

They also grew in size a good bit
313.jpg

Passed every smash test.
smashtest.jpg

I sized them and loaded them up anyways.
RCBSPD.jpg

Initially I tried using a Lee 32-20 Powder through expander because I had the bright idea (need to stop having these) that it'd work with Lee's ole' leaky autodrum.. 32-20 is .312 you'd think it work for cast.. but by the time I bored out the inside a bit to not mess with much of the rest of the case and turned down the expander to only expand the inside of the neck to .310ish it wouldn't flare the case mouth enough to accept the gas checked cast without shaving lead. As it was it would take away all neck tension and when trying to seat the boolet, it would just damn near fall in the case.. Anyways it works fine for Jacketed, but why? I finally hooked up my 2nd Hornady case activated powder drop to my RCBS quick change and loaded a total of 360 between the two powder drops. No more fresh HAM'R brass.. need to make more for cast.. The once fire formed Is going to get loaded up with Gucci Jacketed projectiles and put up for a rainy day.

I then went to shoot the cast, and because the multiple coats added so much I had to shrink the damn things up even more.. 2.022" turned into 2.010".. and because of that they would jam the boolets into the AR feed ramps.. So frustrating.

Honestly just getting into really "training" slowly but surly I hope to get proficient. SwampFox Arrowhead 1-10X MOA
For as crappy as they load, they sure pack a punch! 2,440fps 1,733 FPE in a 16.2" barrel. I'm gonna bite the boolet and order some Hi-Tek.

So then I just said screw it got a hold of a copy TurboCad and after talking to Ed at AccurateMolds, I designed my own boolet for the HAM'R.. Now to wait the 10ish weeks for it to see if it's worth a Hoot.
http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=31-142B

I also just got these 2k 150gr Soft Points from American reloading for $360. They took 2 weeks to get to me, the longest wait from them ever.
AR2kSP.jpg

And fast forward to last night/today.. I'm about to undertake one of my "Biggest" loads, 1,000+ 30-06. All the brass is ready to load!

aughtsix.jpg

Load Development
30-06LoadDevelopment.jpg

If I had the time I should really make a bench for the place I have to shoot..
rangetime (2).jpg

I forgot my slip on limbsaver, but figured ehh I only have 31rds to test..
firstgroup.jpg

5 shot groups, pulled the last because I was being swarmed by bugs. I put on some OFF and right after this pic got attacked by a bumble bee (my leg is still swollen up) while on the phone with a friend who I was telling "Well that's it, done first group, first charge.." If only I listened to my poor shoulder, the groups fell apart climbing and velocity started looking sketchy. MP502 is supposed to be like Alliant Power Pro 2000-MR.. which is supposed to be like Hogdon CFE-223.. Not the greatest SD's but AVG 2,891 (8 shots @ same charge) pushing 165gr Sierra #2140 HPBT Gamekings into groups like that.. I'm happy with it. I'll talk to buddy and see about testing a bit more from a bench.

/
Testing some new Sierra 124gr JHP Sportsmasters (which are not listed on Sierra’s digital app yet)

Using V Crown data but adjusted OAL to be a bit longer based on my plunk tests @ 1.120, loaded a few a bit deeper just to check and see if they all sing. Tomorrow after dinner we shall see!

CCI 500, 5 grains of CFE Pistol, all mixed HS range pickups.

View attachment 3267486

I find it kinda odd that those Sportmasters cost more than the V-Crowns! Let us know the results if you get to shooting any jugs with em`

I just did up some Federal 115gr Hi-Shok, I got from American reloading like 3 months ago @ 1.125" with Longshot and FC Brass.. Got too dark to finish chrono work, but the last set of 6 were just at 2" @ 20yd 1420 avg. 7.8gr 4.1" Barrel. I might just need to pull the rest looking at the primers. They're saying "You better Stop!"

Back
Top Bottom