Last month at 185 pounds :

542374_10150963658643701_767041800_n.jpg

Yesterday with my girlfriend at her house at a lean 170 pounds :

598456_10150989554328701_2024126051_n.jpg

Here's how I did it :

Step one : Commit to becoming a United States Marine
Step two : Eat less
Step three : Exercise more

I spent exactly $0.00 on protein powders, goofy ass exercise machines, fat-loss pills or any other manner of late night infomercial crap.

I made a pull-up bar and an exercise mat, bought some decent running shoes, and started training for the USMC Physical Fitness Test with the goal of running a 300. (100 sit-ups in two minutes, 18:00 3.0 mile run, and 20 dead-hang pullups.) I'm still not there, which gives me incentive to keep pushing myself.

That's really all it took for me. Good luck to you guys. You can do it if you want it bad enough. Stay focused. Stay disciplined. Look forward to all of you meeting your goals and living longer, healthier lives.

Last edited:
Little inspirational show and tell for you :

13-14 months ago at 305 pounds :

Here's how I did it :

I spent exactly $0.00 on protein powders, goofy ass exercise machines, fat-loss pills or any other manner of late night infomercial crap.

I made a pull-up bar and an exercise mat, bought some decent running shoes, and started training for the USMC Physical Fitness Test with the goal of running a 300. (100 sit-ups in two minutes, 18:00 3.0 mile run, and 20 dead-hang pullups.) I'm still not there, which gives me incentive to keep pushing myself.

That's really all it took for me. Good luck to you guys. You can do it if you want it bad enough. Stay focused. Stay disciplined. Look forward to all of you meeting your goals and living longer, healthier lives.

Looking GREAT! You aren't looking too bad either. ;)

Just kidding man, AWESOME work. Grats!

I went from 240 the beginning of April to 187. Paleo diet, I haven't worked out once. Meat, veg, and fruits for the most part. It's the only diet I've ever been on where I'm never hungry.

240 to 187 in 4 months? Say WHAT? Man and I'm shooting for it in 6-7 months and wondering if I can make it. Wow!

Here's how I did it :

Outstanding!

I am a bit older than you (with a ton more miles) and a bit bigger of build, but I will tell my story.

Interesting that you would post this today. Cuz, today is the day that I have achieved my goal.

I spent 10.5 years in the Navy. When I left my boat, I put on an extra 15 pounds, cuz shore duty was easier. :)

When I got out of the Navy in 2001, I put on an additional 20 pounds, cuz dangit, I didn't have anyone telling me how much I could weigh and work out.

In 2005 I took a job that required me to travel a lot. I picked up another 20 pounds.

In April of 2009, I quit smoking. In December of the same year, I had the two lowest discs in my back fused. Between those two events, I put on another 40 pounds in a year and a half.

I got on the scale at my doctor's office in Sept 2011 and it read 314 pounds! It was that day that I made the decision to do something about it.

Today I got on the scale and it read 230, which was my goal (I graduated HS at 212).

I did it by doing cardio 6 times a week. Mostly elliptical and XBox Kinect Fitness. I can't run because of my fused discs, or I would have done that. I also had a daily calorie goal that I tracked on MyFitnessPal.

No special diets. No special supplements. I did change my lifestyle and my eating habits. I am confident that the weight will stay off as well.

Outstanding!

I am a bit older than you (with a ton more miles) and a bit bigger of build, but I will tell my story.

Interesting that you would post this today. Cuz, today is the day that I have achieved my goal.

I spent 10.5 years in the Navy. When I left my boat, I put on an extra 15 pounds, cuz shore duty was easier. :)

When I got out of the Navy in 2001, I put on an additional 20 pounds, cuz dangit, I didn't have anyone telling me how much I could weigh and work out.

In 2005 I took a job that required me to travel a lot. I picked up another 20 pounds.

In April of 2009, I quit smoking. In December of the same year, I had the two lowest discs in my back fused. Between those two events, I put on another 40 pounds in a year and a half.

I got on the scale at my doctor's office in Sept 2011 and it read 314 pounds! It was that day that I made the decision to do something about it.

Today I got on the scale and it read 230, which was my goal (I graduated HS at 212).

I did it by doing cardio 6 times a week. Mostly elliptical and XBox Kinect Fitness. I can't run because of my fused discs, or I would have done that. I also had a daily calorie goal that I tracked on MyFitnessPal.

No special diets. No special supplements. I did change my lifestyle and my eating habits. I am confident that the weight will stay off as well.

Good for you man!

I am 6'7, and once weighed 377lbs. Last March ,'11. Today I weigh 250 and still wanting to drop around 20lbs. When I started all I did was cut out all sodas, and watched what I ate. Then I progressed into counting calories, which I still do daily. I use Myfitnesspal. My diet has changed numerous time since I started, but now I am back to eating foods that meet my daily macros. I work out on a 3 day split and do cardio 2-3 days a week. I have to say this is the best thing I have ever done. I feel great, I'm in pretty good cardiovascular shape, and can actually buy clothes in stores now instead of ordering online.

Little inspirational show and tell for you :

13-14 months ago at 305 pounds :

426949_10150595315473701_1041297570_n.jpg

Last month at 185 pounds :

542374_10150963658643701_767041800_n.jpg

598456_10150989554328701_2024126051_n.jpg

Here's how I did it :

You didn't have that g/f when you were 240 did you lol. Great work, good luck on the Cops thang.

Heres my situation. I have severe (uncontroled) Asthma. I'm not obese, but I'm overweight. I try to stick to a low carb diet, but I get hungry at night (like when I'm posting on here). Don't eat cake, candy, icecream, or any junk food. Bread seems to be my biggest weakness. I walk, with wrist weights, 2 miles a day, every day. Current weight is 220, and would love to get to 185. The more I weigh, the harder it is to breath, the harder it is to exercise. Any ideas on how to control the late night munchies. I also don't sleep, so that makes it even harder.

There's actually a study proving that weight loss is more effective with carbs at night rather than throughout the day. Also, if you're only going to do cardio, it's heart rate over time, so if you pick up the pace a little, shock your muscles, maybe do some hills and stairs at a fast pace you will see a difference. No pain, no gain.

Back
Top Bottom